Acne Rosecea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukfaye

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who has booked herself and her sister in for Eve Taylor Facials. She said her sister has a slight patch of "self diagnosed" rosecea on her cheeks.
Could anyone tell me if this is a contra indiction with Eve Taylor products? I Her sister wasn't there for me to question, so I thought I would double check with you guys first, so at least I can tell her before hand. So she can choose another treatment. Thanks in advance.x

Hiya - this is definitely not a contra-indication - I have several rosacea clients and i use the ultra soothing cleanser, failing that use the soothing cleanser. And I use the No2 faceoil. No steam or hot towels. I still massage. The soothing gel masque is great on this skin type and end with the soothing moisturiser. I have good results with those products. Hth.

Thanks so much, I thought it wouldn't be but just like to double check, have never had a rosecea client. Thanks for your advice would normally use hot towells so will remove this part of my facial. Thanks again hun.:hug:xx

Hi Faye,

I would highly recommend you incorporate the Eve Taylor Colloidal Oatmeal mask into your treatment too as it really takes any kind of redness or sensitivity away from rosacea type skin! Hope this helps:hug:

It's VERY important to remember that "Rosacea" and "Acne Rosacea" are two different things!
I have the 2nd. What often works for the first does NOT work with the 2nd as those products will cause Acne flare-ups (if you search these forums, you'll find I've posted many times on my frustrations, looking for solutions) and both my Dermatologist and Pharmacist are at a loss as to what to tell me to use because products usually irritate one symptom or the other.
Also, what works for one person, may not for another.
Be sure to explain this to your client. Also, as it's "self diagnosed"... well..... she really should see a derm for that. There are other conditions that are similar.

The best you can do is try, and see what the results are.

Best of luck:hug:

As Victoria points out Rosacea has a number of subtypes. :hug: Just as acne vulgaris and acne rosacea need very different treatments so do these subtypes. The problem with a skin with Acne Rosacea as Victoria has found is that you can't treat the lumps and bumps effectively as it causes flare ups as the skin is very reactive. If her skin is just flushed with broken cappilaries then a soothing facial will be very effective if she has a more severe acne rosacea type skin a doctor and then dermatologist is her best port of call. :hug: I think everyone has given you good advise with regards to using soothing products.

I think they should take the "acne" part out of acne roseca and call it hyper inflammatory rosacea or something like that to avoid people trying acne cures.

I think they should take the "acne" part out of acne roseca and call it hyper inflammatory rosacea or something like that to avoid people trying acne cures.

DITTO!!!!!! it seems as if my face is allergic to everything!
My derm wants me to wear sunscreen, but so far, each one I try causes a breakout :irked: Now he suggests a hat with large brim. Ok, but no thanks! I don't do floppy brims and flower hats UGH

Sorry, that was OT lol

Acne products make it burn like @#$%%^& you know what and go an even brighter shade red.
Products for dry skin to ease the burning and itching cause breakouts....
Which way to turn?

Hi Faye

Weezie is right. There are so many skin conditions that may appear to be rosacea.

Also - did you get an idea about the age of the client?

True Rosacea is often linked to hormones and menopausal symptoms.ie women in their 40's or 50's. Any younger then I doubt its rosacea. It can even appear to look like acne, as in its worse form you can get inflamed pustules . Its normally in a band across the nose and cheeks, and the skin generally in this area can look reddish.

This does not stop you from doing a nice facial. I would go easy on the massage bit personally, perhaps do some pressure point /drainage type movements. If you are unsure then Eve Taylor have some routines. In fact their oils come with some client leaflets that you could adapt. Ring them up and ask for some if you have an account.

The soothing gel mask would be a good choice, aloe vera based- so its not going to harm, then perhaps do a nice neck /shoulder and decollete massage or even hand/ arm massage.
I would avoid overstimulation of the face at all costs, as this can make the situation worse.
Drainage movements would be more beneficial as it stimulates lymph flow and helps remove toxins/congestion etc

Just my thoughts - hope it helps a bit

Meriden xx

Latest posts

Back