Acne scarring on back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
A little advice, please. if you more experienced skin geeks can help me?

I have a bride booked in for this September...she's very organised and particular and is going through everything with a fine tooth comb right now, just to make sure she has everything covered. We have already done one make-up trial and she is having regular manicures in preparation.

However the one thing she is uncomfortable with and has asked me if I can help her research is the fact she has some acne scarring across the top of her back and shoulders....from about 15 years ago. As she is in a strapless dress she is very conscious of it and says she needs to do something about it otherwise it will be on her mind all day.

We have tried coverage make-up, but she didn't like it, saying that her skin still didn't look or feel natural and now wants to investigate fading or removing it. She is prepared to pay for cosmetic treatments (not from me of course - but she is paying me quite a good fee for my services so i am trying to help) if that is the only way.

Can any of you recommend any products or treatments - she thinks she's heard of something similar to laser, that is a one-off procedure which is supposed to reduce the scarring drastically, but wants me to see if I can find anything, good or bad, on it before shelling out.

Any info/thoughts/idea's would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

look into medical needling, this is great for scarring . september is around the corner so she would need a few sessions before then. sounds worse than it is, quite comfortable with a touch of prickling.
:)

Thanks, I'll check it out. Forgot to say these are pigment scars as opposed to pitted scars.

And we're quite remote probably necessitating a 2 hour journey to any decent sized town, so the less 'session's' she needs to go anywhere for the better. This is why she's keen to find a one-treatment wonder or product, but I'll look into it and see if there is anywhere more local that does this

I was sure I had read something on Crystal Clear being able to reduce the appearance of scarring so I just checked their website again and it is under their microdermabrasion treatment, here is the link -

Microdermabrasion - Overview - Crystal Clear

x

When I read your post I immediately assumed it was pitting... if it's not then it may be easier to deal with.. is it kind of purple?

When I read your post I immediately assumed it was pitting... if it's not then it may be easier to deal with.. is it kind of purple?

Yep....dark reddish purple scars. Very similar to this pic...

backacne02.jpg

They look a bit less obvious if she has a bit of a tan, but she wants rid if possible.

Theres a few things she could do, possible Laser treatments, microdermabrasion, Glycolic peel treatments. I have acne scars on my face I have an Alpha/Beta peel once a week which has drastically improved my scars. She could even buff mineral make up over her shoulders on the day of the wedding too. Is her wedding in september? Just wondering on the time frame she has before the actual day. x

Thanks for your replies so far. Yes, the wedding is mid September this year.

We have tried mineral make-up.....I thought it drastically improved it but she wasn't totally happy, although I think that it was more of a confidence in the make-up....she doesn't feel that would last all day and wanted a more permanent solution.

I would be very interested in hearing more about which people would recoomend out of the Laser treatments, microdermabrasion, and Glycolic peel treatments etc , and why, as this seems to be the sort of thing she is edging towards. As I say I am not going to perform this treatment, but am trying to gather the info for her as to which is most suitable.

Our nearest place that performs any of these treatments would probably be Chester....2 hours drive away, or possibly even Manchester....nearly 3 hours away, so its not a case of popping over for a quick check up first!

Latest posts

Back