Acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlouisex

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Im soon to be a married lady in 4 weeks! I am 22 years old and suffer with acne. I am on roaccutane but only in the second month of it so hasn't started working yet except for the dry lips and nose! Anyway I was wondering how can I make my skin clearer for the wedding day? I have been for chemical peels and microderabrasion, I had that done for 3 months but did not work.

Thanks xxxx

what type of peel did you have, and what type of microdermabrasion (how often, course etc). Skin has to be treated progressively. You say over three months - but what was the overall treament regime.

Both are extremely effective in treating acne, but MUST be used along with correct skin care. There are lots of different peels, I would be interested to know the strength and type.

i think it was a blue peel?? and then is the microdesrmabrasion, had it once a week. it really didnt work and spent lots of money on it so was reaaly disappointed x

I think a lot of the treatments that will be able to help you, you are not going to be able to have due to being on the roaccutane. If you do go to a salon for another treatment then please please please don't forget to mention this.
xxx

Acne is one of the most difficult skin conditions to treat and because of that it can take time. Whilst you are on roaccutane there is very little else that could be done beyond taking care of the dryness it causes.

Having said that I don't want you to despair for your wedding day because an unhappy bride is simply not allowed!!! :lol: So what would probably help enormously would be to get some professional mineral make up for the day. Don't buy the stuff you can find in Boots because it still has loads of unecessary chemicals in it but if you can find a salon which offers either Jane Iredale or Bare Escentuals. This make up will give you perfect all day coverage without harming your skin in anyway. In fact it is so gentle it won't matter at all if you don't get a chance to remove it at bedtime.;)

thank you for your replys, they have been really helpful. ive got someone booked for my makeup so hopefully shes got the correct products for the day altho for daytime make up generally i use lycogel foundation its fantastic but pricey (£50) for a tube. Il start drinkin the water altho I do love my diet coke im guessin that doesnt help! xxx

I just finished 5 months of Accutane, and you will probably be suprised at how much better your skin is going to look in 4 more weeks. It was the 3rd month when my skin finally cleared right up.

Hi i know your using roaccutane at the mo, but a very effective treatment for acne is photorejuvenation with an ipl machine,it kills the bacteria thus reducing the angry inflammations and helping to minimise future breakouts. But is contra-indicated with the roaccutane medication.:eek:

Latest posts

Back