ACRYGEL! any problems???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjonesy88

Reaction score
Hey, I've recently trained with the acygel system but seem to be having a problem!!

The gel is lifting away from the tip at the free edge, and I don't really no where I'm going wrong!!

I would just like to know if anyone else is having any problems and any advice would be a massive help!

Thanx xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ya

this could happen if you don't take the shine off of the tip/cap the free edge with the product. Are you using white tips by any chance??

Yes, I am using white tips then applying the white gel over the top! Just because it gives me an already made smile line!!
Should I not be doing this??

Any well-less tip white, clear or natural needs the shine removing when applying gel so it has something to grip to. Don't buff away the smile just the shine, then it wont lift away.

I use acrygel and love it and have had no problems.. just make sure you buff all the shine off the nail and use a decent primer and you should have no probs x

Do you use acrygel on all clients or just for certain people??
I use a primer in a pen form!! What do you think of them and do you prime the tip??
Thanks for all your help!! x

i use acrygel and love it and has had no problems.. just make sure you buff all the shine off the nail and use a decent primer and u should have no probs x

Hi I used to use Acrygel but couldn't get the stuff off ! I was told it could be soaked off ??? how do you remove when necessary ?

I've just trained in Acrygel too and I find it lifts at the tips too!!!!! I've tried sealing them and it still seems to happen, and you have to file them off which can be a nightmare. I'm starting my Acrylics nvq next week as I want to offer them both xxxx:lol::lol:

Hi I used to use Acrygel but couldn't get the stuff off ! I was told it could be soaked off ??? how do you remove when necessary ?

I was told it was a soak off too but its actually a buff off:rolleyes:
Ive decided not to use it anymore tho..

Last edited:
I have been on a conversion course with Acrygel but am finding that my tips are coming off after a couple of days. Help, I have only been doing this job since January and am worried that I will never build up a client bank if my tips keep coming off.

Latest posts

Back