Acrylic brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eileensteve

Reaction score
Hi folks can anyone recommend a good brand of brush for acrylic and powder..i have a couple but feel i've ruined them as i'm new to nails and feel my smile lines could be done better, my brush hair is quite spread out...whats a good brush at a reasonable price and could someone advise me on sizes as i don't know what to go for :biggrin: x

I have used many brushes in my time, but by far the best for me is an EzFlow Grand Artist 508. It is a good Kolinsky sable brush, that can pick up any size of bead. It flattens out nicely thanks to the flattened ferrule when applying and working beads. Then it snaps back into its point when you need it to, to perfect those smile lines or pick up a tiny bead.

I am absolutely still in love with my CND proseries. I have the #10, and it may be big, but I've been using it for everything. The bristles always go back to a point so it's perfect for little beads. It can flatten into a great shape for infills or full sets. It's just such a sexy brush!
For starters, you may want to start off with a #8 brush. It's not too big, but not too small. And you have to take really good care of them. If you're not careful, you'll get hardened acrylic stuck in the bristles, making the brush trashed. Clean it after you're done using it ASAP- reshape the bristles and put a cap over it to protect the brush head, and try not to pick up beads or "stab" your beads onto the nail in a way where product will get stuck inbetween the hairs of your brush. x

I use a cnd brush and it's fab! As mentioned before ensure u clean properly and put the case back on. Mine came with a lid and I also use a brush box to keep it safe :)

Entity brushes for me, keeps its shape and goes into a nice point too. And it's pink :D

I cant recommend the EzFlow 508 enough. Trained with it and always replaced it with the same. I have been doing nails since 2006 and have only had to buy 4 in total since then. I look after them very well though. Never use brush cleaner, only use monomer to clean it if need be. Also dip it in monomer and wipe off excess before putting its cap on and storing upright in its cap. (Brush downwards, handle upwards) if you know what I mean.
Pricey but well worth it.

I was given a beautifully decorated brush with a silver cap as a gift, but cant bring myself to use it.

The balance isnt there and it just doesnt hold the monomer the same. Wrong kind of hair I guess.

I just keep it because it looks nice.

EzFlow Grand Artist 508 is my FAVVVVV!

+1 Ezflow 508

thanks for your advice girls xx

My brush seems to go soft after doing a few nails - Is this down to me?

I have a NSI Kolinsky #8, but when I'm working the acrylic its spreads apart.

I want a brush that stays hard, almost like a gel brush if that makes sense.

Any suggestions to stop this happening, its making me mad!!

xx

I have the CND pro series #10, I'd recommend it

I have just ordered my NSI Royal
precision brush. Feelin far too excited about it, can't wait for it to arrive!! :)

Latest posts

Back