Acrylic going miscoloured

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLARITY

Reaction score
HI, is there anybody who could tell me why when i apply the clear acrylic to the nail and tip it go's miscoloured, like a yellow brown colour???:rolleyes: :smack:

Client a smoker .. crappy product??

Hi Victoria, it sounds very much like your brush is contaminated, is it old, how do you store it?

You should fill out your profile completely so people know what products you're using. You might get some better responses that way.

Hi Victoria,

welcome to the site!

If this is happening straight away (at application) you have contamination happening -
Either your brush is contaminated - creating the yellowing colour,
try brushing clean monomer out of it onto a lint free pad, if it's yellow, time for a new brush. Only clean your monomer in fresh monomer, especially at the end of application and store it rolled in a paper towel lying flat to avoid contaminating.

Or, it's your monomer that's getting contaminated. This you should be able to see in the dappen dish. If your monomer is cloudy or off colour, time to get some fresh stuff..

The other possibility if it's on the tip is you are applying something that should not be coming into contact with it... You don't say what system you use, so we don't know what products you would be using. But for example if you use primer and this is getting on old product or the tip it may be causing the discolouration.

Hope that helps

Cath.p. said:
Hi Victoria, it sounds very much like your brush is contaminated, is it old, how do you store it?
Its about 1 year and 3 months old, i put it in one of those creative black tubs?? i was trained with creative but i use star nails products

geeg said:
Client a smoker .. crappy product??
No clients not smoker, star nails product

CLARITY said:
i was trained with creative but i use star nails products
isn't that a bit like going backwards?
no disrespect but why on earth are you using Star products if you were trained by CND?

CLARITY said:
Its about 1 year and 3 months old, i put it in one of those creative black tubs?? i was trained with creative but i use star nails products

WHY????????????????????????

If I were creative trained, erm, how do I put this..... I would NOT be using Star Nails products!

hi which brush are you using? and is it fairly new?also is the handle varnished?
we were all having this problem on our college course,and it was a major mystery at first ,then the tutor sugested removing the varnish from the handle of our brushes (i use millenium kolinsky brush) and i havent had any discolouration since i did that.
we figured the varnish was rubbing of the handle slightly onto our fingertips then on to the clients acrylics if we then rubbed over the nail at anytime,
the tutor thought mabey this was just a fault with the batch as she hadnt seen it happen before.
emmx

Geeg your a star! :)

I am also very confused and intrigued to know why you trained with CND and then choose to use different products as your whole training with them is how to use their products correctly?

Reckon its either the products you use or brush contamination, if you place a bead onto absorbent paper and it goes yellow/brown more or less straight away it'll be the brush.

I am just wondering if you used your brush with Creative products originally, and are now using Star products? If that is so, the brush is probably contaminated and that is why the acrylic is discolouring.

Just a guess, I didn't see anybody mention this yet. Get yourself a new brush and use it only with this product, don't mix brushes and products, they don't like it. Good luck.

Laura

this happened to me was my brush get a new one !

Latest posts

Back