Acrylic heating up (on thumbs)...what am I doing wrong??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelnailz

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I ve been doing nails now for about 3 years and just lately I am noticing the acrylics getting hot mostly on thumbs. I contacted my manufacturer (NSI) who didnt seem to know anything. I have tried working dryer etc. its a short lived problem the 'heat' can last about 30-40 seconds. I've read this can happen on damaged nailplates but I have noticed it can happen on clients who have not abused their:eek: nails either. Im really at a loss to know how to move forward on this does any one else have any ideas/experiences? I would be most grateful thanks xxx

Hi geeks

I ve been doing nails now for about 3 years and just lately I am noticing the acrylics getting hot mostly on thumbs. I contacted my manufacturer (NSI) who didnt seem to know anything. I have tried working dryer etc. its a short lived problem the 'heat' can last about 30-40 seconds. I've read this can happen on damaged nailplates but I have noticed it can happen on clients who have not abused their:eek: nails either. Im really at a loss to know how to move forward on this does any one else have any ideas/experiences? I would be most grateful thanks xxx

Too much product and too wet a mix ratio. Always produces heat, and the thumbs are the most sensitive digits and the largest nails so you use more.

Thanks geeg, I've worked a little dryer and have adjusted my ball size and this seems to have made a difference, much appreciated xx

I noticed this happening to my own thumb. I damaged my nail bed a few years ago and the nail never grew back quite the same. I think damage to the nail can also be a reason

I noticed this happening to my own thumb. I damaged my nail bed a few years ago and the nail never grew back quite the same. I think damage to the nail can also be a reason

Heat with L&P is usually down to using too much product making nails too thick. If you apply more thinly (or if your nail is very very thin )you can apply in a couple of layers.

Latest posts

Back