Acrylic nail complaint, how to deal with it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oosh! Jacquelineanna... Hit the nail on the head there. I would just copy and paste this into an email. To the point and beautifully articulated. By wishing her well with her next therapist/tech it says firmly yet politely that you no longer require her custom.
Press send then mentally tell her to piss off!
Don't be disheartend, I'm sure we've all experienced similar at some point and it's true what people say... You don't want clients like her, she's giving you the opportunity to never have to deal with her again, grab it with both hands chick. She can't sue you, have you arrested or anything like that so just send the reply and then ignore anything that she sends back. If you don't give her any ammo she will soon run out of steam and move on to the next poor unassuming nail tech who will no doubt be posting a similar worry on here in 3 weeks time.
Onwards and upwards babe
xxx

Jacquelineanna you ALWAYS put things into the right words! It's a gift x

Jacquelineanna you ALWAYS put things into the right words! It's a gift x

Thank you Pixie and thank you to the lovely geeks who 'liked' my post xxx

In all honesty What is she gonna do? What can she do? There's nothing she can do! She doesn't have any proof anymore that there was a problem, to have any grounds of complaint she should have shown you her nails and given you the chance to put things right.

she is hiding behind the written word. I say send her the or email then forget about her.

E x
Totally agree!!!!

If you have not had problems like this before I would send this:

Thank you for your recent texts.

I am disappointed that you did not extend me the courtesy of contacting me immediately to allow me to assess and rectify the situation with your nails.

As you did not do this there is now nothing I can do to assist you.

I wish you well with your next beauty therapist/nail tech.

Kind regards

Brill response- I have copied it for future ref just incase... To the op some people are just horrible chancers not worth the worry.xx

Marking this for later. X

I had roughly a same complaint which I posted on SG last week.
My client said after 4 days all her nails had come off. I was speechless and shocked.
I replied that I would need to take a look asap at her nails as I have never ever had a full set of nails come off before. She never turned up.
Hand on heart we all know their is scammers out there. Since my so called complaint I know a lot of nail tech who have had the same clients complaining just get to change the designs or colours of nails.
Keep your chin up.
I now get all clients to fill in a nail form that Gigi posted a long time ago but didn't think I needed until now. It's a god send.
Don't refund her just explain to her she should of told you straight away and you could of taken a look as you have never ever had a full set come off before.
All the best xxx

I had roughly a same complaint which I posted on SG last week.
My client said after 4 days all her nails had come off. I was speechless and shocked.
I replied that I would need to take a look asap at her nails as I have never ever had a full set of nails come off before. She never turned up.
Hand on heart we all know their is scammers out there. Since my so called complaint I know a lot of nail tech who have had the same clients complaining just get to change the designs or colours of nails.
Keep your chin up.
I now get all clients to fill in a nail form that Gigi posted a long time ago but didn't think I needed until now. It's a god send.
Don't refund her just explain to her she should of told you straight away and you could of taken a look as you have never ever had a full set come off before.
All the best xxx

What is this nail form and where can I find it?!! X

Ditto. I am doing the CND course in September and this will be invaluable I'm sure. Aside from 'covering our backs' it will stand us out as professional.

marking for later,let us know how you get on and don't let it worry you :):hug:

Brilliant interesting thread x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

This is a great thread. Let us know how it turns out!

Everyone's advice is sound here. DO NOT give her a refund or new set out of hand without seeing them, she may even still have your set on.
You must definitely not be scared. What can she do? One person? She would get no where if she decided to go to small claims court (might be the next thing she threatens), she won't. Email her back along the lines of ZM85's reply and think no more of it. Do not let her upset you or frighten you.

I

My first complaint (only ever had 2!!) was a lady who I had shellaced her hands and feet.

She rung to say the nails had all peeled off and she wanted a refund. She lived about 40 mins away and said she didn't have time to come all the way back to the salon.

Because I was new to shellac and it was my first complaint it really knocked me and I immediately gave her a refund without any questions.

To this day this really really really irks me!!!!

H xx

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all again you kept me going through this, i sent the girl the message back stating i was afraid there was nothing i could do as another salon had now redone the nails and now i think a week on ive had no reply. thank you very very much for all your support, i had never to this point posted anything on here only read on thing that i needed advice for but i will be from now on as you are all great. :lol:;):D

I'm glad all is ok, hugs x

I'm glad all is ok, hugs x

It just shows that if you can stand your ground you will be fine you just have to be hard to be good to yourself;)

Latest posts

Back