Acrylic Nails on Me (I'm a straight man)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve

Reaction score
Recenty for charity (Breast cancer awareness) I wore fake glue on nails (the ones you get from boots ect) this were at least an inch long and were painted in a hot pink. I didnt realise, at the time, when my GF was putting them on they were going to be with me for the next 5 days.

Apart from the lads at work having a laugh the first day they all knew it was for a good cause ( i raised over £300). I found i actually liked having them and most people were quite accepting outside of the office, while in tesco ect apart from a few funny looks. when i was having a few drinks with the lads in the pub on friday night, it become clear that most of them wished the "had the balls" to do that, have long coloured nails can you believe it?!?!

I now occassionaly wear polish in my own time (coral is my latest addition) but i would love to come get a full set, i just dont see myself as a trend setter or have a excuse to wear them anymore.

Is it ok for a straight man in a serious job to have "a full set" could i be starting something new or is the world just not ready for this yet?

Your thoughts?

Steve

There is a man that works behind the bar in my local who wears french enhancements, not sure why, but tbh if you like it then why shouldn't you. You aren't hurting anyone.
People wear what clothes they like and do their hair as they like so whats the difference?? and Becks gets away with it ??!!

I have done several strait men in my time and trust me i see a lot stranger things from women, so if it makes you happy go for it :) just make sure you go to a reputable salon or mobile tech that you feel comfortable with. Don't forget they are a commitment and you will need to look after them and keep them maintained. And i bet nearly all of us girlie geeks have done out other halves nails at some point!! HTH :)

I have done several strait men in my time
hmmmmm..... ;)

Back to steves post... :)

Steve, you can in this life do what ever you want to do..! In this day and age guys are getting facials/ waxing/ mani, pedi etc. So if you like it and can take the flack then do what you want.

I personally have seen plenty of enhancements on guys - mostly nail techs (and yes, some straight) and drag queens. BUT in saying that, I've also had sets on from time to time as part of my role teaching.. and many guys get overlays to add strength or help repair broken nails etc
(I have one nail with a deep permanent split that I have to wear a clear gel overlay on all the time..)

Recenty for charity (Breast cancer awareness) I wore fake glue on nails (the ones you get from boots ect) this were at least an inch long and were painted in a hot pink. I didnt realise, at the time, when my GF was putting them on they were going to be with me for the next 5 days.

Apart from the lads at work having a laugh the first day they all knew it was for a good cause ( i raised over £300). I found i actually liked having them and most people were quite accepting outside of the office, while in tesco ect apart from a few funny looks. when i was having a few drinks with the lads in the pub on friday night, it become clear that most of them wished the "had the balls" to do that, have long coloured nails can you believe it?!?!

I now occassionaly wear polish in my own time (coral is my latest addition) but i would love to come get a full set, i just dont see myself as a trend setter or have a excuse to wear them anymore.

Is it ok for a straight man in a serious job to have "a full set" could i be starting something new or is the world just not ready for this yet?

Your thoughts?

Steve

I´m not being conservative here but i don´t think that the world is ready to see straight men with long, coloured fingernails since it is still associated with a feminen feature. I personally don´t care what so ever....but think it would raise quite a few eyebrows! Go for it if you really feel good about it but be prepared for some negative feedback aswell.

Yeah i think my coral coloured nails would be a bit much.

If i was to do it how long would they stay on, what would i ask for (type ect) and whats would be the best solar type for a mans nails.

Thanks for your replies

Steve

I can recommend a tech in Guildford, who I know has male clientele. Don't think she's a geek but if you're interested, send me a pm.

Well I dont see anything wrong with it, but of course peope will be people and there may be negative feed back................ but as long as you are prepared for this then go for it !!!

As to what to ask for.................

well what do you want ? Do you want a overlay,(product over natrual nail), an enhancement(an extention to your natrual nail)??????????????

xx

Steve, if you like the way the nails look then go for it!

i will go for extentions i want the long look other wise it looks silly on my large nail beds. ha ha i just realised what i wrote oh well....

i will go for extentions i want the long look other wise it looks silly on my large nail beds. ha ha i just realised what i wrote oh well....

Large nail beds? If you're not careful, you'll have geeks running after you asking you to model at the nail competitions at this rate ;)

Lol !!! Ok so you want extensions, so do you want a classic pink and white or one colour all over or something like glitter tips ?

All of the above can either be done using tips or can be sculpted..............

I would go for a natural look that way you could paint them when not in work and they wouldn't look to ott.

one colour all over i would like to have someone goes over all the options with me tho, that would be fun kinda wish i had a Gf who was a technician then we could try all sorts lol :)

one colour all over i would like to have someone goes over all the options with me tho, that would be fun kinda wish i had a Gf who was a technician then we could try all sorts lol :)

Well steve you now have a better idea of what you want and what you are asking for .... a one colour extension....

I now suggest that you PM Zo Zo for the name of the nail tech in guildford that she would personally recommend and go from there , the technician will go over all your options including longevity and safe removal.....

MMMM as for the GF ..............internet dating lol!!!!

Good luck and please do post some pictures

Ha Ha i actually have a GF and she's fairly ok with it i dont think she would appreciate me turning up to the family dinner at her mums with them tho lol

Ha Ha i actually have a GF and she's fairly ok with it i dont think she would appreciate me turning up to the family dinner at her mums with them tho lol

See this could be a prob , professional nail enhancements are meant to be a little more long team than the over the counter stick on's that you tried , maybe shellac ...
Or like I said minx , at least then you could grow your own with the extra strength but have a quicker , easier removal when you feel the need to go to family dinners ;)

Lol then you may have to rethink having extensions !!!! Unless you can fit it in to a couple of weeks where you are not going for a family dinner................... or you could ask for weekend nails .........................

I have done enhancements on men for badly bitten nails to make them look more natural. I think its quite common to see men in polish now and who cares what people think. There will always be narrow minded people who look twice but forget them. I personally am not interested in what strangers think. I have enhancements (natural looking) but sometimes colours. People look but I just think they are thinking wow I want that. If anything I get more people asking "who did those?" and I say.."Idid"!!

Well, as a San Franciscan, I'm not new to men getting their nails done :D

I've done plain extensions for men who bite their nails (one was a guitarist and his lack of nails were hurting him), I've done nail art on the fashionable men, and the glittery cute set for the queenies :p

Who cares if anyone thinks you're weird for it? Close minded people will never accept anything. Go for what you want! :D

Latest posts

Back