Acrylic nails will be forbidden by law? Is it true?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtheoni

Reaction score
Hello there again!
I apologize if this was posted before (although I made a research first but with no luck :cry: )!
I heard from a fellow nail technician that there is this rumor around which says that acrylic nails will be forbidden by law the next 2-3 years (due to health problems they can cause to nail technicians?)!!!
Has anyone heard something about it? I am very interested to hear your opinions since I am an acrylic nail geek (among others of course :lol: )!

Note : The nail technician who told me this is very "into" things, goes to international exhibitions, does this job many years and loves it like the rest of us and she is also an acrylic nail geek so it can't be just a rumor the way I see it...
But pleaseee let me know if you have heard something!!!
Thank you so much for reading this!!

I really hope it's a myth!! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

No, its a load of rubbish!
If you subscribe to scratch magazine there is an article mentioning that regulations in Boston are being tightened within salons to allow for better working conditions and hygiene standards in salons. No mention of any nails being banned so dont worry! x

This is part of a message from a French colleague/peer of mine that reads

I ve been to some products demonstration yesterday it was the brand "elegance" or "ongles d or" they have a cyanoline system
i wanted to know if you knew about this product and what you think about it . They also said that acrylic wasn t done anymore in Canada and even forbidden no matter if it contains MMA or not .

It appears that it's a company trying to use fear tactics to generate business. 'Fear tactics' is an old method of generating business, and there are all kinds of fears for these businesses to prey upon.

Now, I'm not great at chemistry (no matter how much I read it, it doesn't stick in my head LOL).... can someone explain what 'cyanoline' is?

I told her it was bubkus and fear-tactic selling. To steer clear and stick with the reputable brands.

Being a curious one.. i have popped it into google and come up lots of info on smoking and anti smoking etc lol..

I live in Canada and I promise you, I did not sneak down a back alley at 2am to get my nails done.
The tech did not hide her face or give me a fake name.
Her payment was not delivered ahead of time by a short Mexican named Pedro.
I paid tax on them:green:
All is well over here...lol

I live in Canada and I promise you, I did not sneak down a back alley at 2am to get my nails done.
The tech did not hide her face or give me a fake name.
Her payment was not delivered ahead of time by a short Mexican named Pedro.
I paid tax on them:green:
All is well over here...lol
:lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHA LOVE IT!!

Every couple of years something like this crops up. I can assure you that if there were to be such a law anywhere in the world there would be smoke coming out of this forum as it would be on fire with discussions about it! :green:

Also, if something is going to be banned it really needs to be regulated first?!

Your answers were such a relief to me!!
I too hope this is just rumors and nothing more!
There is nothing wrong with gel, which I totally love also, but I just can't live without my favorite 3d flowers and the strength acrylic gives to nail extentions!
Besides, if this was to happen, I believe that all Top brands in the nail industry would have to reconstruct the ingredients of their acrylic (if that was possible) or they would have to sustain a major economic loss!
Let's just hope that we will never come to this!

Sounds like rumors to me...I am in the US and the nail business is going strong. We are seeing a lot of state checks for licensed workers, and making sure everything is on the up and up, but besides that everything is growing and doing well! One of the few industries where jobs are everywhere! :green:

Now, I'm not great at chemistry (no matter how much I read it, it doesn't stick in my head LOL).... can someone explain what 'cyanoline' is?

Ahh i remember when chemistry was fun.... 12 years of uni level chemistry later and I would say that was 'listen carefully here comes the science bit" chemistry. i'e mostly mumbo jumbo. The cyano bit is accurate chemistry (means it contains a type of carbon nitrogen bond as in cyano-acrylate adhesives) the line bit is not really proper naming. All a bit boswelox!

There is such a thing as a cyanoline DYE but can't see the chemical relevance to acrylic nail chemistry. unless you want blue nails. I'll try and read up on it though!

doen some more searching myself after all the anti smoking jargon lol.. seems to be a new hypoallergenic resin stuff.. nothing much else i have found that says any more tbh.

xx

I asked my bil, he did the :eek: bit and then the:lol: bit.
He's a health and safety inforcement officer so if anything was happening here or abroad he would know about it.
So stop worrying:hug:
Doctor fish, or guarra fish however...........
His advise, don't buy them yet, wait for the findings of the investigation before making a costly investment, they have been band in a lot of usa states and not with out good reason!

Latest posts

Back