Acrylic nails without white tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi all,
Its been a while since i've done any nails, and my friend has asked me to give her a full set, but she doesn't want white tips. My question is that after i've applied tips, do i then apply clear as if i was doing white? Do i still do a smile line although its in clear? And do i still use pink in zones 2 and 3? Or do i use clear all over? Thanks in advance.

Sorry hun, you're not very clear, no pun intended, are you using natural tips?
If yes then I would use clear in zone 1 and yes I always put the smile in, it stops you having sloppy habits and then pink in zone 2 & 3. Hope this helps.

Im not sure about the tips. Wouldn't i just use velocity tips? I only have them or white tips.

are the velocity tips natural (creamy coloured)? coz white tips with clear will still look white and if she doesn't want that look you'll be wasteing your and her time.

No i meant that they are the only two types that i have. Will velocity tips be ok? I think she usually paints them anyway, a darker colour so you wont see them anyway. Thanks for your help.

When I use natural coloured tips like velocity for a natural look, I use a natural powder for zone 1 making a smile as you do with white and then pink for zones 2 & 3

I dont mean to sound thick!! but when you say natural powder do you mean clear one? Clear in zone one with smile line and pink in zones 2 and 3?

natural powder has a cloudy color. it's not clear but can be kind of see-thru. it's about the color of the free edge, but a little clearer. (atleast that's the color of my ezflow powder)

for a natural look, if you're using natural tips, i'd put either natural or clear in zone one. i don't make an exact smile, i just mimick what the free edge would look like, without making them very deep. more smirk than smile. and i use pink for 2 and 3. you could use clear for 2 and 3 if she wants them VERY natural looking (but i just prefer pink)

twinkletoes910 said:
natural powder has a cloudy color. it's not clear but can be kind of see-thru. it's about the color of the free edge, but a little clearer. (atleast that's the color of my ezflow powder)

for a natural look, if you're using natural tips, i'd put either natural or clear in zone one. i don't make an exact smile, i just mimick what the free edge would look like, without making them very deep. more smirk than smile. and i use pink for 2 and 3. you could use clear for 2 and 3 if she wants them VERY natural looking (but i just prefer pink)

I use the CND natural powder as sometimes when the nails grow then you can see that the free edge is not exactly a perfect even colour, the natural powder covers that and makes it look neater

If you don't have any natural coloured powder, if you are using a 'natural' velocity tip, then using the pink in all 3 zones will also make a natural looking enhancement.

If your client just wears polish, then it doesn't matter what color of acrylic you use, since it's going to be covered up. When I do this type of enhancement, I use pink, just because it's the one I have the most of (and I think it's prettier--even though it's not going to be seen :)).

But if she likes to go natural, then you could try one of the above suggestions. I'd go with the natural/pink combo, myself. :)

Thanks for all your replies. As I only have pink and clear i'll use those. She wants the tips painted white with polish so it doesnt really matter after all, but i will use clear on zone one and pink on the rest. Thanks again..........

I just use pink or natural powder after applying thee tips if I'm not doing P & W.

Latest posts

Back