Acrylic shrinkage?????? .. Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandaxmx

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE JUST A QUICK QUESTION,.....

I HAD 1 OF MY LADIES RING ME TODAY ASKED COULD I FIT HER IN ....
she said she had lost 2 and that on the 2 she had lost she noticed that the acrylic started shrinking??????.... she said it was kind of dissapearing and getting less and less ... but not like it was breaking off and all around the acrlic was still smooth and flush ???? ... she said it only happened on 2 of them!!!...
im totally confused???

her nails are 4 weeks old aswell... which i do ask each client to book in after 2 weeks as i find this the best way for most my clients .....but alot of them try stretch it out to the 4.....

has anyone else ever heard of this ?? ....
i wish she would of phoned me sooner to show me but as they do she waited till they had fallen off then was too late ... im seeing her tomoz but with them already off i wont get the full picture anywy...

any suggestions would be appreciated :) xxx:irked:

Sorry but this did make me laugh! Could she mean the growth area around the top and possibly sides of the nail, especially as she has let them go 4 weeks. I would have a look at them and judge for yourself. After 4 weeks though make sure you charge her enough to cover your time, this is not a usual infill! :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA i did actually suggest that , buts she said NOOOO its like that but alot more !!! and only on 2 of the nails ??? hmmmm..... but i must say she has had them on for years so would notice any changes quite well ....but as you say might know more tomoz when she comes :) and get a better explaination out of her ....
oh yeh 4 weeks worth of growth is not just infill price .. thats another think that annoys me if they cant last the 4 weeks why wait that long ??? .... IMO its wayyy too long specailly as you pay for good looking nails and by 4 weeks i personally dont think they look nice .... ive only ever been able to say 3 clinets can go the 4 fucll weeks and have no problems and nails still look OK ... but thats beacuse there nails grow slow and they take care of them ....
ohwell im sure tomorrow i will know more :)
thanx xx

I have to agree that's it's just normal growth.
To assist with the infill problem (people waiting four weeks and expecting to pay the normal infill price), on my price menu, I have listed like this

Full Set Acrylic First Visit - $75
(Full Set Acrylic, existing client - $65)
Full Set Infill - up to three weeks, first visit - $45
(Full Set Infill - up to three weeks, existing client - $35 )
Full Set Infill - more than three weeks, first visit - $55
(Full Set Infill - more than three weeks, existing client - $45 )

For my pricing, each First Visit client gets all their own disposables (orange wood stick, grinder, buffer, 3-way shiner, glue and 15ml bottle of sterilising solution) which costs just under $10. I put them into a zip-lock bag with emergency-care instructions (how to repair a lifted nail if they damage it ie. shut it in the car door). My instructions also state that repairs are a temporary measure only and that an appointment must be made asap for a proper repair or replacement. When they return to me, either for an infill or a full set, they get a $10 discount off the 'normal' price (ie existing customer price. The discount doesn't really exist because it's the money you aren't paying for the items they already have, but to clients, it's a 'loyalty discount'). If they forget or lose their ziploc bag of items, they pay the full price.

This does four things:
1. Ensures no cross-contamination because each client has their own items AND sterilising solution (with instructions on how to sterilise their items)
2. Ensures you get customers returning to you (because they'll get a 'discount')
3. Ensures they return sooner (yes, habitual four-weekers will come a week sooner to save money)
4. Ensures they treat their nails properly at home (because they have the right equipment and the right information)

Have fun!

Well the part about diff. prices is great. But my clients work it out on a yearly basis, so if I took the $45 and came every 4 weeks, I would pay 585 a year, were as if I came every 3 weeks for $35 I would pay $606 a year. I don't know if my clients are clever or stupid, but I have a price diffrence that's much bigger:green: otherwise they come in every 4-5 weeks...

re the question, please tell if she revealed what happened, I have never ever heard of l&p shrinking ongoing trough weeks... so do share:hug:

It probably happened on two of the nails she uses most! I find that with most of my clients, they wear down a few of the nails on their dominant hand. Guess it could be called shrinking if they didn't understand how it all works!

Latest posts

Back