Acrylic Stuck in my brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I am so frustrated :irked:! Every single day I am trying to get dried acrylic out of brush. When I am finished w/my brush I make sure and wipe it and wipe it and wipe it...............and the next time I go to use it there is dried acylic in it! I have switched from a YN brush to cheapies because I am replacing my brushes at least once a month if not twice. How do some of you keep the same brushes for years? Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
Happy Monday~

Hi,
I always clean my brushes in clean monomer when im finished using them and havnt had any problems ( so far !!! ) and ive had my brushes just over a year now.HTHs

Hazel xx

When you have picked up a bead are you placing and patting it out or placing and pushing it around?

It sounds to me like you may well be pushing it around thus getting product in your brush.

Put some monomer in a dish (deep enough to cover the bristles) then place the dish somewhere where you can bluetac your brush to the tiles with just enough of the bristles going in to the monomer. You need to place clingfilm over the dish to stop the monomer evaporating, then leave it so soak into the product you have stuck.

The following day take the brush and roll on a link free pad and gently tease the product out, if there is some still stuck repeat the above.

It may be a good idea to find out how/why you keep getting product in your brush.

1, are you pushing instead of patting?

2, are you working too wet?

3, are you working too dry?

4, are you cleaning the brush thoroughly after use?

Hope you get it sorted soon!

I'm the same as hazel purley nails just always clean my brush in monomer!!! If your using a brush cleaner or acetone to clean your brush it will really dry your brush out and the acrylic totally sticks to the brush if the brush is dry!!! I have always just used monomer and my brushes last a long time too maybe a year or so!!!!

Just clean your brush in monomer after every use xx

i think your ratio is wrong and i think you must be pushing the product around,
the bead should be on the end of your brush, when you place it on the nail, you just need to press it and then smooth it, no pushing or chasing it around

get your ratio right, its the most important thing,
i change my brush about every 4 to 6 months though and i always just dip it in monomer after use wipe on a lint free wipe then leave ready for next client

hth x

Totally agree with what everyone has already said.....just to add, the second tou see some product left on your brush, wipe it off....when you have a correct ratio, this won't happen that often :hug:

Hope you work it out soon as brushes ain't cheap!

I think it's a mistake to drop a good brush for a cheapy crappy one. you pay it more in the long run than if you follow the advises given here

Thanks everyone for the suggestions....going to give it a try this week. If all goes well I will go back to my GOOD brush!
Happy Tuesday

All of the above... plus... get some brush cleaner !
I use Ezflow Brush cleaner in an emergency, it contains conditioners and only takes a few seconds to clean the offending items from your brush xx

Thank you so much for the product ratio ....I am going to print that out! I know I am guilty of not always using correct ratio....
Leslie

the brush cleaner should be used only in emergency, like if you need your brush RIGHT NOW.

unless you can let your brush soak in your monomer for a little more...
I let one for like 2 days (I forgot it there........) and it works even better now ;)

Latest posts

Back