Acrylic system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looloobelle

Reaction score
I've used CND for many years, but lately the product seems to have changed and has been lifting and brittle and literally coming off the nail in one piece after just 2 weeks (I use Retention Liquid). I'm considering changing to a new brand. Any suggestions regarding an acrylic that you LOVE?

Young Nails will send you free samples. Awesome product and unbeatable customer service.

Is this just on the odd client or more?

Have you changed anything re your application?

I use CND and don't suffer any problems (which aren't caused by me :o). I feel positive that they wouldn't have changed the ingredients without making some sort of statement about it.

Im still using and loving CND powders and retention + hth

Is this just on the odd client or more?

Have you changed anything re your application?

I use CND and don't suffer any problems (which aren't caused by me :o). I feel positive that they wouldn't have changed the ingredients without making some sort of statement about it.

This is a very good question because when I use any brand of L&P on my daughter, guarantee the nails will come off after a few days, her hands sweat very easily, I have yet to find a system that will stop this from happening. My clients are a different story, there is no problem with their nails falling off and they don't suffer from sweaty hands :confused:

This is a very good question because when I use any brand of L&P on my daughter, guarantee the nails will come off after a few days, her hands sweat very easily
The chances are that she won't be able to wear any brand or nail enhancement system.

These posts might shed a bit of light...

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/17753-who-has-all-these-oily-nails.html#post158661

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/12497-help-nail-systems-going-wrong.html#post92497

hth's

If it's happening to all of your clients - first check how long you've had the current product - maybe it's gone off?? (I think the shelf life is a year? Not 100% on that).
Otherwise give creative a call and ask them what it could be, i'm sure if they had changed ingredients the whole of SalonGeek would know! Plus if by any chance they had made a dodgy batch then alot of people probably would have posted something about it already.
No problems from my end though, call Creative is the best bet! x

My instincts say it may have turned. Pick up a "try me" kit and give it a try and see if you still have issues before replacing it at a high cost.
hths,
Jennifer

Young Nails will send you free samples. Awesome product and unbeatable customer service.

I'm with Your Lana

Love Young Nails and yes we do send out samples and i think the product and service from HQ are Awesome.

I will be seeing the BOYS very shortly cant wait to see whats new!!!!!!!!!:hug:

Maybe check your application and how old your products are?
Is the client taking medication?
Is your prep good? x

The products are not old (maybe a couple of months). I'm not doing anything differently (I've been using it the same way for probably 10 years +). The consistency seems different to me and it's having the same negative effect on most of my clients. Thanks to all who answered. I think I'm ready to try another brand since a colleague mentioned she is having the same issues and we've both used it on our long-time clients for many years without a problem, before now.

Something else to consider is the age of the tools you are using during your prep. Since you are having this problem with several clients you may want to pick up a new curette and pusher.

HTH,
Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

I have had the same problems in the past with Creative.. I was having all of my clients coming back with air pockets forming in the middle of the nail bed. I had not changed any practices when this started happening. I tried and tried to keep on but eventually was distracted too by other brands. I did not want my clients to be disappointed afterall. I switched over to NSI, whom I have had no problems at all with. They are all excellent now. I have spoken to a few other local tech's (in Australia) and they were having the same problems with Creative. I am also using 'Avolve' (Nailzoo did a thread about this product) and it is just wonderful..
Hope CND lovers are not upset about my post, just replying with my experience. :)
Hope you solve your problem. xox

What you are experiencing sounds like you have a bad mix ratio of monomer to polymer.

When is the last time you trained in a CND class? I update my training every year, and I never experience lifting, breaking, or other service breakdown.

Products evolve, and we have to evolve with it :) Keep your training and product knowledge up to date, or no change of nail products will really help, it will just change what you are using to experience these problems somewhere else.

You can also call the CND hotline- they are based in California, and are there to help you with these very problems- go to Creative Nail Design - CND - Professional Nail, Hand and Foot Beauty Products - Artificial Acrylic Nails and Brisa Gel. and check it out :) There is even help in printable PDF forms on trouble shooting, and videos to watch!

Latest posts

Back