Acrylic top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurzieboo

Reaction score
hi all,

I just wondered what you all use to add a shiny finish to acrylic nails?
can i just use a top coat?

x Laurie x

I don't add no top coat

I simpley buff! Brings a glass shine finish :) x

You can buff, use a polish top coat or a gel top coat. Which ever you or your client prefer really, I usually buff or use super shiny.:)

I have a selection of all 3, top coat, u.v coat or a buff and the client will choose which she prefers.

I must admit i have been trying to sway my clients to try Lumos topcoat over the past few weeks and it has been working except for the ones who like a buff. Lumos dries so fast it cuts down 5 minutes of my time due to the u.v curing time and it saves my u.v bulb life which i would like to save for my shellac clients.

I'm still working on the buffing clients, i may have to forget to order my next batch of buffing blocks so they have no choice but try it at least the once. :lol:

I use a uv top coat

I use the good old fashion buff most times but I also use Glaze n Go by NSI.

If I'm in a lazy mood I do the UV Glaze n Go but if in a ok mood, I will do the buff.

If you do the buff well, it looks fab IMO.

I use Young Nails Finish or YN Gloss..
I dont buff to a shine... a little to much elbow grease for me

i always buff and shine its cheaper !! and they come up a treat x

Ok thanks for the replies.would u charge clients any extra if they had top coat or gel top coat.
Also I find if I use ibd gel top coat its really thick and after I've wiped off tackyness its not that shiny.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I don't charge any extra but i know that some people do.

I prefer to build all product costs into the price of my sets keeping my pricing guide nice & simple whether they choose the cheaper finish is their choice :) hth xxx

Thank u for all replies,I think ill order in uv top coat,normal topcoat and a buffer just in case.xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back