Additive consistency

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanthaA

Reaction score
I bought additives from S2 last week and went to use them last night and I am sure they are damp..some more so then others, example my blue is lumpy and when I pat them down with my brush it doesn't brake up it just changes the lumps. :(
Do you think they are damaged from the flood or is the blue prone to this my yellow is similar but not as bad and my red and pink are only a little bit like it.
Please help?!?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd give S2 a call on Monday chick xx

Yeah I will but didn't want to sound stupid if it was normal lol.. I was thinking of leaving them open on a radiator to see if it helps but I'm not sure if it would make them worse.

It doesn't sound stupid at all chick. Mine are dry powder and like the consistency of a pot of fine powder eye shadow if you know what I mean. They don't gather into lumps so there might be something not quite right with them. You could try drying them out a bit and see if it makes a difference xx

Mine are crumbly and dusty like loose face powder. Best bet is to contact S2

No some of them at more lumpier than others! Mainly yellow red black green I find you bed to use your spatular to take the additive out the pot put it in the lid and crush it then dip your brush in it

I tried crushing in the lid but it just changed the lumps shape didn't turn to powder...

Thanks everyone I will leave them out and open tonight and see what happens and if not dried I'll call S2 tomorrow xx

Mine have lumps in too. But they soon disappear then I crush them with the spatula. Xx

Hey guys just thought I would put a pic up before calling S2 just Incase I am being silly.... I think they should all be like the red (fluffy) but the pink blue and yellow are thick and almost paste like..... So normal or not?

Attachments

• 1375704858119.jpg
    1375704858119.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 214
Hey guys just thought I would put a pic up before calling S2 just Incase I am being silly.... I think they should all be like the red (fluffy) but the pink blue and yellow are thick and almost paste like..... So normal or not?

It's normal.

Are you sure? I only question it because they are thick so I cannot dust the nails eg as soon as I put it on the nail the colour is soaked in as its like a paste so I can't blend for ombre and the red is lovely to use its just the other three I just cannot do anything with them other then complete coverage and even then its patchy were I place the additive in the first place to burnish in. (I hope that makes sense)

Try pressing the additive with a spoon or small stick through a fine material stretched over a seperate container, such as a muslin cloth or empty tea bag.
This will 're-mill' the powder into finer particles and may solve the problem for you x

Thank you I will try that x

Thank you I will try that x

It does help, I'll pop up a picture of how I've done mine when the phone finishes charging lol x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375712922.769685.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375712933.282324.jpg

There you go, I just cut a piece of organza from a gift bag and rubber banded it over an empty pot, popped a bit of Additive on top and pushed it through with a stick.
Keep going until your Additive pot is empty, then transfer the powder back over xx

Thank you :D

That seems like a lot of work and mess, I would just ring ss xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes that does look like a lot of work and mess!

To the pics further up of the 3/4 colours your pouring out FAR to much addictive you want 1/10 of that amount. You can even crush it in a mini pestle and Mortar if you wish but I find a small amount and a spatular work fine! Try looking at some of the finger nail fixer vids I'm sure Holly shows you how to crush them!

I only put that much in for the pics, I only put in the size of a cooked grain of rice to break it up but I just moved it around no breaking just denting... As I said before because its more paste like then powder.
I didn't get to call S2 today so I will try Fee's idea with a little bit tonight and see how it goes.
I've looked a fingernail fixers videos and hers look how I expected mine to be but they just aren't.
I think its possible that its damp from the flood but the red one is fine.

It's normal!! The powdery ones clump! Just dip your brush in, knock off the excess and press into the sticky layer. No problem at all!! No need to do anything with them at all!!

Latest posts

Back