Additives on eBay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffle

Reaction score
I just found the spring and christmas additives on ebay. I am so wanting to press the buy button. Surley they have not been faked? or is it just too good to be true?

It is what it is. If you want to pay over the odds for something that you know nothing about when the genuine item will most likely be in the Sweet Squared warehouse very soon and if for some reason you just can't wait, then you pay your hard earned money and you get what you get.

Why act so impulsively and frankly foolishly when a little patience is all it takes?

Ha if you knew me you would know I have no patience :p
and with it being the same person selling 3 in london I think it has been bought at pro beauty and just trying to make a quick buck.
However I shall be waiting in this case as I am not about to pay someone 3 times the price. I will just keep checking everyday and be fast this time lol

oooh nooooo sweet squared just said they wont be getting anymore spring additives in stock :( just seen it on homepage

Ebay it is then lol

I never understand why CND do so much limited edition products. You buy it once, the customer is hooked and you can't get it again. Seems pointless to me.

Ebay it is then lol

For a pro nail product to be on ebay, it is either; stolen goods, fake or a 'pro' is doing the wrong thing by selling his/her stock to the general public.

Why would you support someone like that?

If we don't buy these things on eBay then these people won't be able to sell them and then maybe it will stop them doing it?!

I never understand why CND do so much limited edition products. You buy it once, the customer is hooked and you can't get it again. Seems pointless to me.

They do it for the same reason others like Channel do it ... things go out of style or fashion and then the customer gets onto the next big thing (and so would you) leaving loads of unwanted stock around.

I think it's great .. keeps life interesting. Customers that get hooked should stock up .. if you and they know its a limited edition then that's what you have to do.

Last edited:
Here's an idea from Sweet Squared and no need for Ebay. Better Luck next time!! :hug:

Alternatives to help those that couldn't get their mitts on the CND Additives -

Use Irresistible Glitter in Candy Pink (which replaces CND Additives in Raspberry Sizzle)
Use Irresistible Glitter in Azure (NOT Azure Wish just AZURE which replaces CND Additive Periwinkle Twinkle)
Use Irresistible Glitter in Green Holographic (which replaces CND Additive Seaglass)

Finally, Irresistible Glitter in Blue Holographic looks stunning over CND Shellac Azure Wish - we hope this helps!
Love & Respect

Last edited:
Thanks geeg, just phoned the fingertips centre and this is exactly what they told me.

I know not CND but some BareMinerals products bought on eBay were found to contain mercury or arsenic.

If you do not buy from authorised distributors you don't know what you are getting. Could well be genuine ... But is it worth the risk?

I know not CND but some BareMinerals products bought on eBay were found to contain mercury or arsenic.

If you do not buy from authorised distributors you don't know what you are getting. Could well be genuine ... But is it worth the risk?

Yes I saw once on fake Britain that benefit make up sold on eBay and on markets (looked legit) contained mercury. Mercury can cause you to go blind... Scared me enough to never by anything from eBay x is not worth the risk, other glitters will suffice I'm sure :)

I missed out too but I would rather be the only person in the planet without than buy off eBay! I'll try the glitter! Thanks! X

We see complaints all the time about DIYers doing shellac/gelish/uv polishes. They get these products off ebay! If you buy these things from ebay then you are supporting it and with this being an open forum your advertising this.

I know of too many people who buy of ebay...including qualified therapists. It is so wrong! They steal so much of our business by selling cheap s**t to any tom dick and harry.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Gosh. It was a joke, I would never put unknown products on any clients.

and yes I do agree, limited editions are unfair. I dont agree with it at all.

I would rather have access to a certain products all the time. Fashion comes back around so its always good to have things just in case;)

I just read this thread and then looked on eBay out of curiosity luckily I buy anything ltd ed. from ca+ In Bournemouth but its crazy what's on eBay and the prices! Do ppl really buy this stuff? There's bottles of d.sperse etc in random bottles that the labels have been attached to and even someone selling the silver case the brisa lite systems came in! Xxx

Latest posts

Back