Advice for new mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Love

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice for a new mobile nail business. am qualified, tried before and failed. Wanted any advice to kick start all over again? do's and dont's? I know we all learn from our mistakes but I would definately appreciate learning from other peoples mistakes? even one liners? Please, please and thankyou...xxxx

Just wanted some advice for a new mobile nail business. am qualified, tried before and failed. Wanted any advice to kick start all over again? do's and dont's? I know we all learn from our mistakes but I would definately appreciate learning from other peoples mistakes? even one liners? Please, please and thankyou...xxxx

In what way did you fail though? It may sound obvious but id say you need to realise exactly where you went wrong last time...then you can figure out how you can avoid making the same mistake twice! x

my clients were loyal, and those who could afford it, came back regular as clockwork, even til the end. others came and went as with their commitments ie partys, wedding's the usual. I didnt charge much, £25 per set of acrylic and £15 infills/rebalances. worked extremely tidyly and professionally, so dont know why to be honest, couldnt really afford to advertise and there were three other mobile tecs in the area, would like to offer more services, ie tanning bt think it would be wise to perfect the business with what I can do. Used to get the odd bit of lifting, more than id've liked but that was few and far between, so am stuck at that brick wall...

xxx

well it doesnt sound like you were doing too bad before...obviously you can do some more training or maybe a one to one to sort out any lifting problems etc, but I reckon you need a really really good USP...something thats gonna grab attention to you rather than those other techs.
Personally I dont think advertising has to be an expensive affair...we all know word of mouth is the best form of advertising and thats free! You can also get those things...I think they are magnetic or something?....that you just stick on the side of your car....they arent expensive and are great advertising...im sure vistaprint do them actually!
Also I wouldnt lower my prices just because there are other techs around...you dont want to be known as the 'cheap one'....x

I got 25 brochures, business cards and 100 postcards offering introductory 20% off. Whenever I get a new client, I give them a brochure, 3 or 4 business cards and matching 20% off cards to give to friends. I have got some new clients using this.

Also, I always take some business cards with me wherever I go and if anyone mentions my own nails (always try to wear a set I've done myself and try to be creative) I give them a card and ask them to give me a try and see what they think.

Early days yet but I think having a set of your 'own' enhancements is the best form of advertising. It's hard to sell yourself I know but these should do the selling for you :)

Latest posts

Back