Advice for this particular customers nails please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsP

Reaction score
Hi all...this customer had acrylic for a couple of years - I removed 5 months ago and she has had Shellac ever since. She usually ends up coming for a repair or 2 half way between Shellac's.

She was not happy about this so I suggested some strength - did fibreglass overlay and then Shellac - still required a repair or 2 - her nail did not break - she says the Shellac just cracked on this same nail or 2.

I cut them down to a more manageable length but same again after a week she is saying that the same nail has cracked and she is totally fed up of wasting money- (I get he impression I am being blamed).

I said if she wants extra strength then she needs an enhancement - but then she text me "this has been a complete waste of my money if I have to have extensions again and I would be right back at the start".

I don't know what to do any further!!!:rolleyes: Please help!! :Love:
I do Shellac's day in day out and never have a problem to be honest!!

I'm sure it's the client and not you!

When you say, you 'cut them to a more manageable length,' that gives me the impression they were too long for the client. When clients have enhancements, then go natural, my personal feeling is they should START OUT with nails as short as possible.

Because the Shellac is cracking on a nail or two, she must be doing something with those two nails to cause stress or trauma. If it were your fault, ALL nails would be cracking.

If it's just the one or two nails causing a problem, can you enhance just those nails and then Shellac?

Also, I have one client who CANNOT grow the pinkie nail on her right hand, no matter what.

Sometimes it IS the client's fault! HTH and best of luck. Keep us posted. :)

Have you tried 2 top coats? This sometimes works for clients who need a little more strength but don't want enhancements. :wink2:

Thanks ladies.. yes I've tried 2 top coats - and now she actually asks for extra colour coats too but I say no. I have stupidly done the repairs free so far also - :Scared:
I dont know what to say to her any further!

she wont touch enhancements now so although I love your idead Deanosnana she won;t do that..
I already said today 'I have meticulously done your nails, done repairs and in my opnion they look stunning bar this one/two nails occasionally and that if she wants more strength to have enhancements"

I think she must think I have more solutions up my sleeve but I don't!

Hi, if it's always the exact same nails it sounds like those particular nails are weaker or perhaps she is harder on those particular nails - for example are they her dominant typing/texting fingers. Is the natural nail underneath the chipped area intact or is it also chipped or peeling?
Perhaps you could do a very thin coat of clear hard gel (Brisa?) and then continue with the Shellac just to give them a bit more strength. She may be very wary when you say "enhancements" as in her mind that involves, drilling, tips or whatever whereas if you just apply a thin coat of hard gel before the Shellac, the hard gel would grow out over time and it would not be compromised with wrapping off the Shellac. Oh, and also, stop doing the repairs for free as that gives the impression that you are at fault somehow when actually you're not!
HTH and let us know how you get on xx

No they are not peeling.. they were very bendy - so I cut them down and we thought that would solve but it hasnt.

Your advice is all fab - I've text her and said this...

I would love to do Brisa Gel - I only do Shellac but see the need for gel more and more!!! :Love:

Latest posts

Back