Advice from fellow lashers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_tink

Reaction score
Ok I have only just started lashing and I finished the course about a month ago. I did the individual lash extension course. I found that the course really does not teach enough and feel that i still have so much to learn. I want to be among the best lashers which I know is going to take a lot of time and practice. So far I have only been doing sets in one length of lash as I was not even taught how to blend the different lengths. So I am going to start doing that as of my next set. Do you find it best to use 3 or 4 different lengths to achieve best results? Also which lash curl do you use the most? I only have c curl at the moment and think I will stick to that or b curl as I thought the j curl were not very noticeable when someone in my class used them. Also with regards to glue I have looked about and it seems it's either expensive or really cheap and I am wary to use a cheap glue? I currently use lash base glue. I have just ordered some y lashes to try as I like the idea that you can create fuller looking lashes as I find it hard to get enough on the natural lashes to get that really full look. Any opinions on the y lashes? Also did you find it hard when you started trying to get one lash to sit perfectly on one real lash as I'm finding that I usually get a couple of lashes sticking to the false lash? Any tips on how to separate the real lashes enough to get a neater result? I know I have asked loads of questions but any small bits of advice from your experience would be very much appreciated as I'm determined to make sure I'm improving my skill. :) thanks in advance! Xx

So far I have only been doing sets in one length of lash as I was not even taught how to blend the different lengths
Alot of blending is to alternate sizes that aren't hugely different... Alot Times what I do, say for example someone ask for a really full thick looking set would use the Silk Mink, And Synthetic to get this "barbie" look.. so don't forget you can blend materials as well... learn to taper them down as the inner corners get smaller..
Just a quick tip about the Y extensions... Becareful with them... as they are heavy and can damage the natural lash... tinker with blending the Y with the I lash...
I am a big c curl fan... J curls don't do it for me D curls are nice L curls are sorta blah as well... If you have any other questions about lashng feel free to message me. =) I train here... if you need help I have some grids and whatnot that could get for you...
Watch out for cheap glue... working with someones eyes is a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Ok I have only just started lashing and I finished the course about a month ago. I did the individual lash extension course. I found that the course really does not teach enough and feel that i still have so much to learn. I want to be among the best lashers which I know is going to take a lot of time and practice. So far I have only been doing sets in one length of lash as I was not even taught how to blend the different lengths. So I am going to start doing that as of my next set. Do you find it best to use 3 or 4 different lengths to achieve best results? Also which lash curl do you use the most? I only have c curl at the moment and think I will stick to that or b curl as I thought the j curl were not very noticeable when someone in my class used them. Also with regards to glue I have looked about and it seems it's either expensive or really cheap and I am wary to use a cheap glue? I currently use lash base glue. I have just ordered some y lashes to try as I like the idea that you can create fuller looking lashes as I find it hard to get enough on the natural lashes to get that really full look. Any opinions on the y lashes? Also did you find it hard when you started trying to get one lash to sit perfectly on one real lash as I'm finding that I usually get a couple of lashes sticking to the false lash? Any tips on how to separate the real lashes enough to get a neater result? I know I have asked loads of questions but any small bits of advice from your experience would be very much appreciated as I'm determined to make sure I'm improving my skill. :) thanks in advance! Xx

Can I ask who you trained with because it appears to be alotof the basic information has not been taught to you.

Have you been given the facility to go back to your trainer and ask these questions? You will be able to get a lot of advice here but sometimes nothing beats being shown in the flesh so to speak.

Until you have mastered isolating the natural lash and applying one lash to one lash (which is ESSENTIAL in good lash techs) I would seriously stay clear of Y lashes etc.

Thanks frattylicious I will PM you once I get on the Internet as I'm not sure if I can do it on my phone app. I am grateful for your advice.

I did not train with a specific company it's just a VTCT in lash extensions. The training was very basic and we were pretty much left to get on with things but I have found I have started to improve the more I practice and I do not perform the service professionally as of yet. I have been doing only friends and family for free. Although I think I am going to have to start charging a small fee at least to cover my costs. I will only begin working professionally when I feel I am at a good enough level. :)

Hi! When I first started I tried C curl and found them very difficult so I mainly used J till I perfected lashing and getting good definition. I now use both depending on what my client wants, sometimes both together. I would always use at least 3 different lenghs ie 9/11/13 or 8/10/12. Unfortunatly I also found my training a bit poor but I practiced practiced practiced (even on my husband lol) and as they say practice makes perfect. Eyelash emporium ultra glue is good, no fumes and quick drying time but you must be quiet quick to use it. I order my lashes from lashbase (as recommended by a geek) and they are good quality and decent price. I only do lashes and am now fully booked 10 days in advance (I trained in Jan) I love it but you need to keep practicing. Good luck !!

Thanks debbie1811 I think you might be right about practicing with j curl rather than c curl as I think they are prob easier to get on the natural lash. I might get some for practice as I only have c curl at the min. It's good to hear you are doing so well. Just out of interest how much do you charge? I didn't want to put my prices too high to start with so I can get experience but at the same time I don't want to set prices too low either. The lady that taught us charges £80 but I think for the area I am in that is quite a lot. :)

There's lots of good advice on here and it's strange you haven't be taught to use different lengths as full sets all one length don't really look very good with no shape

Remember length doesn't equal thickness so do stumped its best to keep them shorter to make them look thicker rather than going for the thickest lashes they sell.

B curl are lovely lashes they are not as straight as a j curl and not as curly as a c curl do you could work up to the c's

X

Im from Belfast where salons are charging £45-£75 but I work from home (ive 2 little monsters ,so suits me)so I charge £35. Thinking of putting price up again though as Im doing min 20 clients a week so have lots of experience now. Any clients who have paid this price will keep this price. I also do loyalty card 5 infils get one half price. Infills £20-£25. If someone has less than a third left then its a new set rather than infils. I need to be tougher though. When I first started i only charged £22.50 for 6 weeks (to get loads of experience and told my clients I had just completed my training) easy getting people in its getting them back. I love what I do best descion I ever made, I love the extensions though have worn them myself for nearly 2 years, so I find it easy to advise on them from my own experience. I evendo my tutors now and she sends me some of her clients as she's too busy training x

Latest posts

Back