Advice if I did give up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I do nails from home now, I have given up so many times, but never done them from home until the past year or so. I don't really want to gain more clients as I do have a full time job too and just do it as a little side line as I do enjoy it. However, a couple of my clients are constantly late, one of them is my friend I met at work (don't work with her anymore though) but lately she's been really offish with me and a bit funny, I have no idea what I could have done wrong. So I only really have her and two others who are always late. I couldn't tell you how much I make a month from such few clients as I don't know and if I worked it all out, probably nothing as I put it all back into products. I feel it's more of me doing them a favour than anything. I am going to see how this week pans out when I am doing a few of them then make up my mind, but my "friend" knows I have the stuff and doesn't live too far from me at all so she will still want me to do her nails, if I did give up, how would I get out of it (as when I am not doing nails as a business she expects them for free!!!!) xxxxxx

Id just say you wont be keeping stock once this lot has ran out, thats it. Or that you are selling it all.

Xx

Id just say you wont be keeping stock once this lot has ran out, thats it. Or that you are selling it all.

Xx

I did think that but I do my own nails all the time and when I say she lives close, like within viewing distance of my house. If I say "going to get my nails done tonight" she can literally see if I do go out or not...

Tell her you'll also be cancelling your insurance which means you won't be able to do paying clients. Xxx

Tell her you aren't going to be doing them any more as you don't have the time and no longer enjoy it. Maybe even recommend somewhere.

Good luck xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

In my experience, in this industry, you end up having 'lot's of mate's - wanting special rate's!!!!
Get yourself back in a salon.....I believe you're in my neck of the woods,(Sidcup), and I'm looking for a lovely nail tech (it is self employed, but we can discuss terms!) :):):)

In my experience, in this industry, you end up having 'lot's of mate's - wanting special rate's!!!!
Get yourself back in a salon.....I believe you're in my neck of the woods,(Sidcup), and I'm looking for a lovely nail tech (it is self employed, but we can discuss terms!) :):):)

Ah bless you, thank you. But I am not looking to work in a salon. I have a full-time job as it is. I used to work in a salon on a Saturday renting a nail desk and it just didn't work out. I wasn't enjoying it, I much prefer working mobile/from home.

Good idea re cancelling the insurance but no doubt they'll be like "I don't care"...I'm sure I'll come up with something. I could say that the sun cured all of my polishes so I've had to throw them away so am giving it up now! And I can't be bothred to do it anyway. Or my lamp broke? Sorry I am just talking to myself haha! xxx

Latest posts

Back