advice need for eyelash perming please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulag

Reaction score
Hi i would be grateful if i could have some advice on eyelash perming please, i have just recently got my certificate in this treatment and carried it out on my friend, she dos'nt wear mascarra and i used the correct size of rollers for her lashes and timed the treatment exactly but her lashes didnt curl very well. can anybody give me some advice.. thanks paulag:|

Her lashes may have been greasy, did you cleanse them before you did the treatment?

There could have been other factors also, like not enough perming lotion applied, the rollers not sticking enough to the lashes etc.

Try it again in a week's time and see if you get a better result.

i did cleanse them first, but i did feel the rollers were not that sticky although i did use a bit of glue and made sure the lashes were well curled round the roller, i bought the rollers from salon services, do you know of any really sticky ones i could buy.. paulag x

I think all rollers are the same really. However, someone might reply that thinks different. Try to hold them at the ends and not too much on the body. The longer you take to get the lashes on, the less tacky they get.

thanks Andrea for your advice,, im trying not to let one bad experience put me off and i will give it another go.. paulag x:Love:

Did she have very straight lashes? then it can help to curl lashes with an eyelash curler.
Does she have coarse lashes? some people need solution left on a little bit longer.
To much glue can interfere with the solution.
HTH it's all I can think of at the moment.

I do find that sometimes, if someone's eyelashes have not been permed before, it may not curl too much the first time they are done. I dont like to leave the perming lotion on longer than the manufacturer's instructions - especially the first time. But if the client does have coarse hairs, you could try leaving the lotion on a few minutes longer.

I do find that the next time i perm the clients lashes, they curl much easier, probably because the eyelashes are more used to the lotions.

I hope that helps

Rachel

I make sure i use loads of extra glue as the perm solution still goes through it and lashes don't curl properly otherwise. I also make sure cling film is pressed firmly over the rollers to enhance the reaction (through the heat produced) and also to squash the product into the lashes and hold any strays on the curler

weezie, yes this is what i do too with the clingfilm...

Another reason can be that the perm lotion has gone out of date,this weakens the strength considerably,and as mentioned,wrong size rollers,grease,mascara being left on lashes,soluton not beng left on for long enough,incorrect positioning of rod,uneven application of lotion.Better luck ext time.xx

It's very hit and miss. SOmetimes they take too well, leaving the eyelashes in a tight curl...........other times, they don't do much at all.

Latest posts

Back