Advice Needed (Contains Sensitive Material some people may find this offensive)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a shop in handsworth B-ham called Transform that is specially for make overs for transexuals not sure if they do nails if i get on okay i might pop in and if they don't i will leave a few cards.

Well done jodie. Interesting that she was prob more nervous than you. At least you have broken the ice and I'm sure you'll both get on fine. Bet in a few months time when someone posts "who's your fave client?" , she'll be top of your list!!

Hey Jodie just send your client to me

Ruby

I have a feeling that this new client will become a very good client........
She will be nervous, she is the one that has to face the whole gender change scenario, it's not just about putting on womens clothes, it is about a huge change in her life and sadly she will have to deal with the stigma that society attaches to this ............
It is a major birth defect.............. like a club foot....... and we wouldn't batter an eye lid if a client with a club foot wanted nice finger nails..........
She was born in the wrong body and is doing something about it............ good for her I say..............

The best thing is to treat her like a human and forget about the gender thing...........
Trust me , you both will have a good time...............
Don't think of her a man in drag, because that a whole different scenario and role play, think of her as a person changing her life and that takes a lot of guts...........

So gibe her the best kick ass set of nails she has ever dreamed off............ because I know this will just make her day a very special one..........
Lots of love xxx

I'm sure that once you've got over your initial surprise you will treat her the same as any other client. As others have said, we get worried by what we don't know about, but as someone who would never want to be like a racist person, i'm sure you'll not worry about it once you've got over the initial mental re-adjustment.
I have several trans-women friends and i'm sure that you understand that if you did allow your surprise to tip over and you refused to treat them because of their transexuality, you would be just as bad as those racists.
But i'm sure you won't do that.
Tips: Don't ask her what her previous name was - most trans people hate that.
You can just say that it's all a bit new to you, and hopefully you won't say anything silly or the wrong thing - and ask her if there is anything that it would be good for you to know or if she has any advice for you, and she will probably indicate if she wants to tell you more or not.
A lot of trans-people do not like people probing and asking intimate questions - but some won't mind at all, so play it by ear. If you have any more queries, you can pm me.

She is human and she has nails............................no difference to me !
Sherry

Hi Guys,

Well i just finished Sharma's nails they look fab took a pic but gotta wait for film to be processed.

We got on fine was a little akward at first didn't know what to talk about then she started to tell me all about her family and stuff and i was telling her about mine and just general chit chat then she said "thanks for doing my nails" and i was like "it's ok" and she said "you don't know how much i apprichiate it i know it's only nails but my hands look more femine and that makes me feel more femine" brought a tear to my eye actully it was really sweet.

We talked for ages and got on really well she told me about all her hormones shes on and how she practices walking and stuff things i never really thought about.

Shes booked in for x-mas eve and New Years to have some nail art done and shes taken lots of buis cards to pass around.

It was just like any other client don't know what i was worried about to be honest.

She found it really funny that i was panicking.

Oh and she had small hands so tips fitted fine she's only tiny herself but shes absolutly stunning a real beauty.

I think she apprechiated my work more than any other client.

And she brought me a bottle of wine! how sweet was that!

Aw Jodie hun, glad it all turned out all right for you. Like I said, I bet she turns out to be your fave client.

Aw Jodie :Love: I'm so pleased - I told you she'd become your best client and probably a friend too!

Congratulate yourself on a job well done :hug:

Thanks Guys! xxxx

OH Jodie, if only all our clients where like here eh ??????
I can see it now, a few years down the line........ she will still be your client and speaking off you with the highest regards............
A job well done, a new client that will think off you as part of her new life, and probably recommendations galore.............

Brill stuff I say !!!!!
And well done you , for putting thoughts aside and taking it all in your stride............You are a true professional xxxxx

Congrats Jodie, a job well done. *S* Now get cracking on her friends, though dare I say it, she's probably already spread the word to them that you're a star! I'll bet you're gonna be snowed under with business. :D

see , i knew you would be ok , i bet she will be your most longstanding customer :green: , and it is nice to know it means so much to a person , good on ya love dee

Daft how we worry about things sometimes, and then it turns out to be OK. Fab. You'll have a regular client there now, plus any mates she has!

Deb379

Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:

Hi Guys,
Heres the pics of Sharmas Nails before and after.

Sorry the last ones a bit swekiff we were in fits of lafter coz the camera wouldn't work.

Let me know what you think.

Jodie - you should be really proud of yourself. You faced a situation that you were anxious about and dealt with it head on. And you have found that your concerns were nothing to be worred about and I'm sure that will help you deal with future situations - whatever they may be. So good on you girl :D

And as for the nails - you did a fantastic job, they look great :p

Best wishes

Blimey Jodie what a transformation! Her nails and hands look fab now, no wonder she was so happy!!

they are fab, you should feel vv proud of yourself , did you use white powder or white tips ? coz they are good , nice nail art too xx

Fab job, they look lovely :green:

Latest posts

Back