Advice needed on Purple nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Had a manicure booked in last thing today, whilst i was packing away her grandson came in. He has just started in a band and has their first gig coming up. Anyhow, he wants nail extensions....purple nails with white tips.

What would be the best way to do these. Gel or acrylic? I'm thinking along the lines of arcylic as he can have them removed easier than having to buff off shortly afterwards. What about using white tips rather than a powder. I could extend the nail bed by applying a tip and attaching the white tip onto that couldn't i, and then apply the purple over zones 2 & 3. And how do i get the purple, would i use mosiac powders?

Does anyone have any piccies of anything similar?

Has anyone any suggestions how i can go about this?

Hi!

I would think you use l&p then he can have remove the best way.sorry i can't help with the purple.Duse creative do a purple polish!

Hope it all goes well for you.

Good Luck!:hug:
mamma said:
Had a manicure booked in last thing today, whilst i was packing away her grandson came in. He has just started in a band and has their first gig coming up. Anyhow, he wants nail extensions....purple nails with white tips.

What would be the best way to do these. Gel or acrylic? I'm thinking along the lines of arcylic as he can have them removed easier than having to buff off shortly afterwards. What about using white tips rather than a powder. I could extend the nail bed by applying a tip and attaching the white tip onto that couldn't i, and then apply the purple over zones 2 & 3. And how do i get the purple, would i use mosiac powders?

You could use white tips and then mosaic purple in zone 2 and 3. Or why not use permanant perfect colour white. You could also paint purple on then use white, like a french mani. There may be other advice geeks can give you.

mamma said:

I would use l+P, apply your white to zone 1 and then your purple to zones 2 and 3. The purple is in the mosaic collection, I wouldn't bother applying a tip to extend and then a white tip over that, whats the point....you are creating more work for yourself and its not going to sit right on top of the extended tip.
David

I am being silly, could you not do a normal pink and white L&P and then either use a purple polish or purple acrylic paint??

Not too sure what colour purple he is after, he said mauve?? would that be similar to the mosiac powder purple. the reason i thought of white tips was because he wants them long i i just thought they would be easier and cover with clear. But you dont think so David?
I want them to really stand out, soes anyone ahve any pics?
It will be strange doing a man though, the ony other man i have done is my husband when i was training..lol

If he's playing guitar, extensions will be no good at all, try cream puff on free edge and creative also have a lovely purple in one of the new collections. Much less problems as he probably won't be able to maintain them.

mamma said:
Not too sure what colour purple he is after, he said mauve?? would that be similar to the mosiac powder purple. the reason i thought of white tips was because he wants them long i i just thought they would be easier and cover with clear. But you dont think so David?
I want them to really stand out, soes anyone ahve any pics?
It will be strange doing a man though, the ony other man i have done is my husband when i was training..lol

You can tone down the purple mosaic if its too purple by adding some white to get the shade he wants. I understand he wants white tips but think you are creating more work for yourself if you extend with a natural tip and then put a white one on top of that though I do get what your saying. The white tip may not sit properly or adhere to the natural tip correctly and could cause you more problems during the service than you bargained for. HTHS
David.x

thanks for that, iv'e never done this b 4 so wasn't sure of the best way to approach it.

As for applying polish over natural nail...he dosen't have much of a natural nail to be honest. Well not enough that would make a statement if you know what i mean, and this is the look he is after. but i do agree as he does play the guitar and they could cause a problem (a few bum notes maybe!!) If he decides to go for them i will have to get a piccie of b 4 and after as long as everyone dosen't pull them to bits...lol

Jaydee said:
You can tone down the purple mosaic if its too purple by adding some white to get the shade he wants. I understand he wants white tips but think you are creating more work for yourself if you extend with a natural tip and then put a white one on top of that though I do get what your saying. The white tip may not sit properly or adhere to the natural tip correctly and could cause you more problems during the service than you bargained for. HTHS
David.x

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

David.x

What abotu just natural tips and natural L&P overlay and then a purple and white polish? I am thinking that he may not want them permant or ay want to change the colour soon to something else like plack so this will allow him to. Not sure what sort of purple but creative have some like Heriess or Chic plastique.

Better to do L&P as easier to remove.

Just thinking on tips watch out for any big nails if he is a man as the tips may not fit so may have to sculpt or buy big tips.

Let is know and take a pic!

xx

He is only 17 so his nails aren't huge, maybe just his thumb. But then again as he is playing the guitar i would prbably be better leaving this nail without a tip. I cant imagine him playing the guitar like Jim Reeves can you. (oh now that is showing my age isn't it!!...my mam brainwashed us with him...lol)

when i learnt to play the guitar i was told to keep my nails fairly short - if thats any use to you. id use white powder in zone 1 then purple in 2.
the creative purple mosaic powder is quite a dark purple xx

I don't know where I heard this but I am sure Paul McCartney has short L&P extensions on one hand and this is to help him play his guitar.........I have also read an article years ago when it was Nails Plus mag about a male who had L&P overlays on his nails to help him play the guitar as it was stronger than his natural nails and he didn't like playing with a plectrum......dont't recall any of them being purple mind!!....why couldn't he just want black like every self respecting rocker!!!

wow sounds like this is going to be cool. Be sure to take a pic!

Good Luck Hun.

xxx

pinkchicnails said:
when i learnt to play the guitar i was told to keep my nails fairly short - if thats any use to you. id use white powder in zone 1 then purple in 2.
the creative purple mosaic powder is quite a dark purple xx

my husband plays guitar and always has short nails on the hand that is used on the fret board, and on his thumb and index nails on the other hand slightly longer for when he picks (the guitar strings......not his nose. lol). That's one of the main reasons I didn't follow thru with the lessons he was willing to give me....I had to cut my nails on one hand......arrrgggghhhh.

The only thing I could suggest is maybe do the hand that he holds the pick with, with the extensions and then try and match the other hand (which holds the strings) with polish or airbrushing or l&p without extensions, keeping them short. If he is determined to have them long on both hands, put a couple of tips on the hand which is holding the strings, cut them to the length that he wants them, then ask him to put up his guitar and try to play. He'll soon want the tips taken off, cause he won't be able to hold the strings down properly.

Sorry I've prattled on a bit, haven't I?

regards

Good idea. He still needs to get back to me to arrange a time, i hop ehe hasn't changed his mind!!

Latest posts

Back