Advice needed peeps xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilyjean

Reaction score
i have just started in a new salon and i am using creative and have done for years now but the other nail tech is using a non odour brand ... so being new to the shop and a few other of the staff there are moanng about the smell ..... wot do i do ??? stick to my good god blessing super smashing bestest nail products by creative or do i change and risk gettin come backs on my work with a less smelling product ?????? grrrrrrrrrrrrr HELP !! XXX

Have you tried Geeg's tip for reducing the odour? Instead of wiping your brush on a paper towel, wipe it on a damp lint free pad of scrubfresh. It works a treat! :biggrin:

Have you tried Geeg's tip for reducing the odour? Instead of wiping your brush on a paper towel, wipe it on a damp lint free pad of scrubfresh. It works a treat! :biggrin:
ooooohhhhhhhh wow ill try that xx thank you .. wot product do u use ?? x

Just give this tip a try, you won't be disappointed and it'll put a stop to the moaning minnies about the smell! I use creative, too, dabbling in ezflow and nfu-oh for my colours/glitters. :biggrin:

Just give this tip a try, you won't be disappointed and it'll put a stop to the moaning minnies about the smell! I use creative, too, dabbling in ezflow and nfu-oh for my colours/glitters. :biggrin:
i been hearing alot about nfu-oh lately do there powders mix with retention well ?? have they got a good web site ? xx

affinitinailandbeauty.com is the website for NFU Oh and I have used the retention liquid successfully with their powders and glitters. :biggrin:

affinitinailandbeauty.com is the website for NFU Oh and I have used the retention liquid successfully with their powders and glitters. :biggrin:
smashing xx thank u i may have to give it a bash n see wot they have xx

You do realise if anything goes wrong you won't be covered by your insurance for mixing brands?

Personaly I would Never mix my products, you dont know what the outcome could be.

In my opinion you would be much better buying the monomer that goes with the powders hth

Personaly I would Never mix my products, you dont know what the outcome could be.

In my opinion you would be much better buying the monomer that goes with the powders hth
well ill defo try b4 i buy lol thank you girls xxx

just send a message to izzidoll to check but i'm sure the NFU.oh glitters and colours are supposed to work with other monomer. I think i read that on a thread here. Like i said its worth just checking with them though!! You could pop a message on the NFU.oh group on here otherwise xx

Just foud this on the other thread izzidolls comment about NFU.oh colours and glitters (hope you dont mind izzi!)

"Nfu.Oh colour & glitter powders are classed as universal and can be used with any monomer, hence why so many people can use them for their art work, without actually changing over their whole system."

Last edited:
Sorry but my insurance company have never asked what brand I use so surely by mixing brands iygwim, why can they say ur insurance is not valid, surely the worst thing that can happen is product breakdown:confused:

and im pretty sure youcan not claim for that lol ;) xxx

just send a message to izzidoll to check but i'm sure the NFU.oh glitters and colours are supposed to work with other monomer. I think i read that on a thread here. Like i said its worth just checking with them though!! You could pop a message on the NFU.oh group on here otherwise xx

Just foud this on the other thread izzidolls comment about NFU.oh colours and glitters (hope you dont mind izzi!)

"Nfu.Oh colour & glitter powders are classed as universal and can be used with any monomer, hence why so many people can use them for their art work, without actually changing over their whole system."
smashing ill have a look thank you .. x

Sorry but my insurance company have never asked what brand I use so surely by mixing brands iygwim, why can they say ur insurance is not valid, surely the worst thing that can happen is product breakdown:confused:

and im pretty sure youcan not claim for that lol ;) xxx
i have just looked through my ins and there is not 1bit there that says about mixing products so ill defo have a look at there range of stuff xx

IMO!! just because you wipe your brush on a wipe doesn't limit the smell of the monomer. You still have the monomer in the dapen dish sitting there while you are using it. If someone hasn't been around the monomer odor, it is expecting alot for you to expect them to like it and not complain. It is pretty strong. If you aren't use to being around heavy odors it takes a long time to get use to them.

Have you checked out odorless products?? Plenty of them around that work just as good and have great results in nails - gel and resin acrylic dip, silk/fiberglass systems are odorless and there are odorless l&p lines out there. Just a suggestion!!

ok so I am not an expert but I was given this top tip by a respected professional if instead of wiping your brush on paper if you wipe your brush on a lintfree pad with scrubfresh on it this does actually minimise the smell !
I have tried and it works for me ! and this is with Ezflow and NFU oh !

ok so I am not an expert but I was given this top tip by a respected professional if instead of wiping your brush on paper if you wipe your brush on a lintfree pad with scrubfresh on it this does actually minimise the smell !
I have tried and it works for me ! and this is with Ezflow and NFU oh !

works for me too. I keep the lid on my monomer and lift it off to dip my brush and then pop it back on and just wipe my brush on the pad damp with sanitiser, i actually use a cheap crappy santiser spray that i have no other use for.
It doesnt completely take the smell away but it cetainly makes it much better and has stopped my other half wrinkling his nose in disgust.

I'd say its at least a 50% improvement!!

I use Avolve and Nfu Oh. The Avolve monomer does NOT mix with the Nfu Oh powders.
When I am using Nfu Oh for 3d work, the beads do not work unless you are using the correct monomer.

I just buy the tiniest size monomer, and youll be so surprised how far the beads spread there very concentrated colour pigments and glitters.

i have just started in a new salon and i am using creative and have done for years now but the other nail tech is using a non odour brand ... so being new to the shop and a few other of the staff there are moanng about the smell ..... wot do i do ??? stick to my good god blessing super smashing bestest nail products by creative or do i change and risk gettin come backs on my work with a less smelling product ?????? grrrrrrrrrrrrr HELP !! XXX

Hi there Emilyjean, have you tried the Odour Out Liquid Odour Eliminator? Just a few drops in the monomer and it reduces the smell drastically. This can be used with any monomer and won't effect it. Odour Out - Liquid Odour Eliminator 15ml Avolve Acrylic System

Desi

Latest posts

Back