Advice needed please for Ombre Shellac Nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech
Reaction score
Hi girls, I have been doing quite a lot of nail art today and had a request for Shellac Ombre nails from blending from black at the cuticle through to gold at the tip. Like the way many people have their ombre hair basically! I have Blackpool but dont own a gold. What colours would you recommend to use to get this effect?
I dont own any addictives as yet but if you think it would work better with addictives then i shall put in another order! lol.
Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks!

Definately easier to do with additives! There is a black additive so that over gold would be lovely :)

Nothing is as easy or beautifully faded as when you do ombré nails using additives. Closest thing to airbrushing you will ever get without all the equipment and all the work.

Additives for sure, I just did my first set with black and silver cnd additives and they looked amazing...only drawback is the black gets everywhere, when I asked for advice on this I was told to vaseline around the edge of nail and to use an eyeshadow applicator xx

Additives for sure, I just did my first set with black and silver cnd additives and they looked amazing...only drawback is the black gets everywhere, when I asked for advice on this I was told to vaseline around the edge of nail and to use an eyeshadow applicator xx

If the black is getting everywhere then you must be using way way too much of the black pigment.

I use the most minute amount and never get it on the skin or the towel etc.

Use a wand and only work from the lid as we teach to do, with a minute amount. It's always easier to add more if you need to than to clean up a mess because you used too much.

I use the additives which are much, easier. You can also use a small sponge( make up sized ones are perfect), put your Blackpool on at the bottom and with the sponge gently swipe up wards, to a fade. Just be extra careful not to get it on skin. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Ok thanks for your help. A black addictive is now on my list to buy.
How about the gold? Is that just a gold addictive as well? Iv not used them before hence all the questions!

If the black is getting everywhere then you must be using way way too much of the black pigment.

I use the most minute amount and never get it on the skin or the towel etc.

Use a wand and only work from the lid as we teach to do, with a minute amount. It's always easier to add more if you need to than to clean up a mess because you used too much.

Thanks Geeg, I've been collecting my additives and have quite a few now, but this was the first time I'd used them as I want to start adding them to my service menu. It wasn't a complete mess, I didn't have any over towels, it was just a bit down side of nail. The effect was amazing though, I was so pleased. Will use even less next time :) xx

How about the gold? Is that just a gold addictive as well? Iv not used them before hence all the questions!
Yes it is a metallic additive ... I love the metallics. More people seem to prefer silver tees days so you may want to think about that. I am a yellow gold girl but I notice that silver seems to be asked for more ...at least it is here in Spain.

They are all gorgeous, the bronze is to die for and looks amazing over anything. They are so cost effective to as you only need a very tiny amount each time.x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Yeah iv been looking at the Antique bronze but to get the black to gold effect do you think the yellow would be better?

Glided Gleam additive from the Ltd Edition pack and Black Pool look amazing...xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391022113.440458.jpg

Would the yellow additive blend well with blackpool? does anyone know?

Yeah iv been looking at the Antique bronze but to get the black to gold effect do you think the yellow would be better?

You could do a gold rockstar with the black additive on top to make the ombré fade.... X

Try it?! Antique Bronze with Yellow additive and black, worth a try. Bet it's lush!x let us know

Latest posts

Back