Advice needed re spray tanning children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snazzybiz

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I am looking for some advice, I have just received an email from a lady ho is looking for a someone to spray tan her children for their gymnastic competitions. They range from 6-9 years old.
I am in 2 minds about doing them as I'm not sure people that age should be having this done. I need to also check with my insurance but a I am just trying to get my business up and running and don't want to loose potential business.
I really am not sure what to do and would welcome any advice anyone has to offer.
Thanks in advance x

I totally agree that they shouldn't be having them at this age - BUT If it's ok with your insurance, then why not as its for a competition??? Some may disagree , but as it's for a specific reason why not? X

I totally agree that they shouldn't be having them at this age - BUT If it's ok with your insurance, then why not as its for a competition??? Some may disagree , but as it's for a specific reason why not? X

I agree, def one to check with insurance just to cover yourself. If their mum just wanted it done to make them look good I'd say no as that is just WRONG! But for a competition I think it's fine. Patch test 100% needs to be done though id say-don't want to take any chances there x

Lots of children this age have them done ...especially for events like this and what about dancing competitions its really quite common for children in these interests to have spray tans or use fake tan.

I wouldnt worry about it, check with your insurance but also make sure you have separate disclaimers for these that their parents to sign and also that a adult/parent must be present during the tans.
I do princess parties and they get spray tans they love it.......its like being mummy for the day.

Weather they should or shouldn't is really personal preference, if the parent consents then you have nothing to worry about........especially for gymnastics the kids have already probably had tans done before so will be nothing new.

It will be good for your business to get in with another local business, think of all the word of mouth and recommendations.

Aslong as your insurance comply s ...go for it will be nice little earner and they will more than likely have you back next event :biggrin: HTH

I would do it, I don't see a problem, loads of children get tans for weddings, competitions, dance shows.

All I can advise you tho is to make sure a parent is always present.

If your insurance is ok then why not. If I had a little girl I wouldn't like her having them done but they are the customer so it's up to them really.

I have tanned children before and all I can say is they fidget and don't like having their faces sprayed so just have the gun on low and be patient. Good luck

I personally would feel very stange spray tanning a 6 year old and would advise a wash on wash off tan. But this is just me, I cant really see a right or a wrong just comes down to preference. And if the parents are happy with it they will just find someone who can if you dont. Just personally for me its a no no. xxx

Thank you for your replies, I will call insurance Monday I have just changed to the guild so will need I ask.

Could I be really cheeky and ask the people who do princess parties if they could email me a copy of the declaimer so I can see what you have included.

Once again thank you xxx

Go for it, I've coloured my cousins 4 year old daughters hair with bright pink highlights in a quasi, it was in the summer holidays so can't see a problem. Didn't ask my cousin too, but I knew she wouldn't mind. As soon as her daughter got home I got a call to say it was great and my cousin came the next day for hers done.
I think with tans, kids would naturally tan in the sun anyway, so why not save their skin and spray them xoxo

I personally would feel very stange spray tanning a 6 year old and would advise a wash on wash off tan. But this is just me, I cant really see a right or a wrong just comes down to preference. And if the parents are happy with it they will just find someone who can if you dont. Just personally for me its a no no. xxx

Unfortunately from personal experience, I can say that the sorts of tan that wash off, tend to be more than a little temperamental for those who are going to exercise and sweat :o They can be so problematic - disappearing in a heartbeat...staining the clothing really badly...not being dark enough etc are only a few issues. Even some of the "instant" tans specifically marketed for the dance/sport worlds are nightmares...turning green within 2 hours :( The only one we've used that could be used with any success is Jan Tana's Competition tan but it still requires the child to stay fairly still during application and not touch anything on their body for about 20 mins...no clothing can be put on either before this time:eek: It also still showers off with a light tan that lasts for 5 days.

Latest posts

Back