Advice on beating the bloated look!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
Does anyone suffer with bloating?? My stomach most of the time seems very hard and I almost look pregnant.

Is there anything I can take for it without visiting my gp??

Any advise would be gratefully received!

Teri x:hug:

Danone Activa I think thats what its called is advertised on tv my friend eats it and swears by it. They do a fat free one also hth

Yeah, stop eating wheat for a week and you will look like a new woman I promise!

Danone Activa I think thats what its called is advertised on tv my friend eats it and swears by it. They do a fat free one also hth

Always been really sceptical of these!! So they really do work?

my mom had this problem.....she found out she was lactose intolerant....cut out all the dairy and her tummy went down.....maybe you could try cutting out the dairy...or as said ....the wheat......

Since I cut out bread and pasta from my diet, I feel much better and a lot less bloated ... you may have a slight food intolerance, which is resulting in making you feel uncomfortable.

Activa yogurt is also good, so you could give that a try.

BTW, cutting out the above has made me lose a bit of weight too, so it can't be a bad thing! :lol:

I agree with what has already been said, try cutting out wheat or dairy or both if you can? I am on a 2 week trial with my GP as he thinks I am dairy intolerant, Im having terrible headaches and migraines, anyhoo, cutting out those 1 or 2 things can help with a bloated feeling and reduce weight if you have a weight issue! ? I know I do!! Enough rambling!! lololol good luck xx

I am currently doing the Idiot Proof Diet and I have never laughed so much in all my life at a diet book. It is a low carb way of life and my pregnancy tummy has gone in two weeks, I just look overweight now rather than pregnant but it will all come off.

I don't really have a problem with my weight as such, (I'm only a size 8) but because I'm short aswell so it notices more.

I do eat loads of wheat and dairy so maybe a little trial of cutting these out may help!

Thanks guys! x:hug:

Remember if you are cutting dairy to get your calcium elsewhere so as not to risk osteoporosis in later life.

stop eating white bread.
thats what i did and i'm fine now

I agree with Gillian, if you are going to cut out dairy and wheat then you need to get supplements. Your GP could advise you on this, or a dietician in your local Holland and Barrett?
Im not sure about the whole bread thing, bread is bread isnt it, its all got wheat in it???

Just white bread?? Does that mean brown is OK? x
Its the gluten in wheat so wholemeal would be as bad.I would suggest cut it out for a couple of weeks and that has to be all wheat products if it makes a lot of difference go to your gps and he will be able to then advise you on a wheat free diet or book you in to see a dietician or even test you. I saw on This morning that many people have celiacs disease and dont know it which is basically an intolerance to gluten that has all sorts of symptoms but isnt widely known about but there is a simple test and once treated can improve health no end.Not for one minute suggesting this is you but just cutting out a staple food with no advice or support or any real reason can cause you more problems especially for the future.

I don't really have a problem with my weight as such, (I'm only a size 8) but because I'm short aswell so it notices more.

I do eat loads of wheat and dairy so maybe a little trial of cutting these out may help!

Thanks guys! x:hug:

Teri if you are size 8 and look pregnant then you should go to see your GP mate.:hug:
I bet you have trapped wind really though.
It happens!!! Even to supermodels:lol:

Also if you are cutting wheat and dairy dont do it at the same time because you wont know which one maybe the cause.

or you could cut them both out for a while then re-introduce them one at a time, carefully noting the effects!

my mum has this problem. she has mild IBS but is nearly always bloated after dinner and looks about 8 months pregnant! she finds lying on her stomach on the floor helps - it expells the air!!! as someone already mentioned!

she's tried cutting out certain things in her diet and it didn't help - i'd see ur GP if you're still having problems as they'll tell you exactly how to cut things out and maybe be able to give u an allergy test.

i also get bloated occasionally and have other stomach problems and find a hot water bottle or wheat bag on my tummy really helps it relax!

Does anyone suffer with bloating?? My stomach most of the time seems very hard and I almost look pregnant.

Is there anything I can take for it without visiting my gp??

Any advise would be gratefully received!

my tummy used to do that and I cut out dairy produce but replaced it with soya milk which has just as much Calcium in it , if you try that for a week and its doesnt help then its not the Dairy . I guess its just a process of elimination or the Docs,:)

Latest posts

Back