Advice on Best Acrylic Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me what the best products to use for gel nails are please started doing nails from home and i want to be able to find a product that is good and reliable.

I've always used bio sculpture, love it!! Find it so reliable, not had many problems with it, the training was brill and exam after to ensure your using the correct procedure which I found really useful, take a look on there website 

Can anyone tell me what the best products to use for gel nails are please started doing nails from home and i want to be able to find a product that is good and reliable.

Who did you train with?
What products did they use? Why don't you continue with these products?

When you say you have started doing nails from home, do you mean in a home salon or you doing your own nails instead of going to a salon to get them done?

It's a matter of preference. I prefer to use Axxium, but I know a lot of technicians that love Brisa. You should go to a class for each and experiment to find out which product works for you.

Only use BioSculpture system

Minx AND trendy nails

Jacqui xx

I love BioSculpture.

Jacqui xx

Only use BioSculpture system

Minx AND trendy nails

Jacqui xx

Sorry to jump in on the thread!
I have Trendy nails and I'm practicing on my Daughter until I feel confident to treat clients. However, they're not very good! I Cleaned the nails, heated the wrap, applied to the nail (toes) smoothed then sealed. The tip on the wrap isn't flush with the nail and it looks untidy? Also my Daughter said the wrap catches on her socks etc....Have you any advise pls? X

If you like NSI, why are you wanting to change?

I reckon it is much better for a tech to find a product they like and stick with it, especially if your only new to the game.
Cause every product works so differently, if you chop and change all the time, it could cause problems that you didn't have before.

I'm not trying to put you off trying a new product, I just don't see why you would go to the expense if you are happy with what you are currently using...if that makes sense??:biggrin:

If you are determined to try new brands, I agree with izzidoll, just buy a few sample kits from a few companies and see how you like them.

I love OPI. I've been using their acrylics for the last six years. I've tried every line out there, but nothing comes close to the performance I get with their Competition, Traditional, and Absolute powders. (However, do not use Clarite...it sucks, lol.)

CND all the way for me with everything!

've used CND for 25 years in my salons and never wanted to change despite trying many other things just to 'see' and experience them. Our clients would KILL us if we changed the brand and as they love us for using it .. we aren't going to! :Love:

Hi I am a educator for EzFlow, I love the range EzFlow allows me to have in the salon, we have a range of pink and White acrylics, over 100 coloured acrylics, alternative soak off gel, gel it hard gel and gelez gel polish all in a range of colours think about what you want from the brand, excellent products, great range, great customer service, excellent training, make your choices on all of theses things, if you need any more advise or would like a trial kit please contact me x

Hi I am a educator for EzFlow, I love the range EzFlow allows me to have in the salon, we have a range of pink and White acrylics, over 100 coloured acrylics, alternative soak off gel, gel it hard gel and gelez gel polish all in a range of colours think about what you want from the brand, excellent products, great range, great customer service, excellent training, make your choices on all of theses things, if you need any more advise or would like a trial kit please contact me x

I will deffo be in touch

I use Ibd for buff off gel & cuccio soak off , love both & nsi l&p I like it but don't do many because I'm still struggling to sculpt in l&p!! I need more training & I decided to go for the cnd training as its good value with great products,

Which do you find best Trendy Wraps or Minx

Personally I prefer Minx! I find they are thinner, more adesive and have better results than the trendy wraps!

I'm just starting out really but I had used dream nails products and found them rubbish!! I've had further training now but today I tried out a sample of O.P.I competition acrylic. Omg feel so much better bout my nails now. I often take longer as I'm a perfectionist but I tried this today. The product was easy to work with, halved my filing time easy!! My cousin uses NSI attraction too I've heard thats good too!! I think you can't go wrong with NSI, O.P.I and CND:)

Have you got the training DVD for NSI it's very helpful? X

I have got that now, its very good. I am a bit torn though between NSI and CND, I've heard thats good also??

Thanx everyone x

I have the NSI DVD's they are very, very helpful.

Latest posts

Back