Advice on Best Acrylic Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWilliams

Reaction score
Hi all,

At the moment, I'm using Salon System for my Acrylic services which I do like however, following reading Scratch Magazine, I see there are a million other brands all offering such wonderment so if and when I am ready to upgrade, I haven't a clue as to what is the best one. I've used NSI and found it a bit harder to get used to.

Also, I don't offer Gel at the moment for the same reason. Biosculpt, Calgel, etc - Which one??? I'd like to try Cuccio but I don't know it well enough to make that big step.

And finally, Minx, Trendy Wraps or OPI N'Applique?

Ooh one last one, using Sinful colour. As wonderful as OPI is, I find the texture of the polish much harder to apply - any other recommendations?

Really, it is not what product is best, it is what product works best for you. Look into some "try me" kits and experiment. I, personally, have been doing a LOT of experimenting the last couple of years and I think I am finally sold on Hand & Nail Harmony's L&P line and their Gelish line. Still working on trying out their traditional gel line--so I am still using OPI Axxium for traditional gel. I did however recently try Light Elegance's traditional gel line and am very impressed with their range of different viscosities. But that is going to take some practice for me to get used to.

thank you so much, I will have a look at the try-me kits I think. NSI is really great but like I said, I found it harder to master x

It really is what you like.. And what you find easy to use.

I LOVE Young Nails.. And there support is brill.. But again like all the other major brands you will get a lot of support.

I also use NFU-OH colour range is AMAZING and find my younger clients love it. There Pink is supper Pink and there white is supper white lol i know that may sound a bit strange..

Gel I also use Young I find that there whole range is excellent.. Worth a try.

Hope you find one you love and enjoy using xx

I am a CND addict. However I have tried many other brands through the time.

L & p depending on what you are planning to do with it. CND is great if you are not planning to do 3d. Nfu oh are best for 3d. My personal opinion.

Colour gel wise, I use Brisa, many people moan about them doing limited colours, but it's so money saving cause you can mix any colour yourself.

Shellac is revolutionary product as well, made me super busy.

Minx only for me. Not even going to try the rest.

Nail polishes - CND!

Gel wise I would say OPI AXXIUM for your soak off gels, easy application and great colour range.

CND for acrylics. I do like their polish too altho not so keen on the change in bottle design.

Minx hands down, great product!! And shellac hands down too!! Altho stock is hard to get hold of at the moment, lamps and base/top coats, there is a reason for this. Its awesome!!!

X

Thank you all so much x

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

hi i uses nsi acrylic, although it took a while for me to get used to it (maybe thats because i have very few acrylic clients) once i got it i really love it. its really nice to work with :smack:

Its hard without being trained in a system to decide if we like it/can work with it or not as a new tech.

I appreciate and understand its not possible to pay and train in everyones system but sometimes I feel that people dont give systems a chance before they disregard them completely.

I tried the NSI kit before I settled with CND and they are both fantastic systems,I got a job in a CND stocked/trained salon and now I have had the pleasure of this system in all its glory without this job goodness knows I would probably still be searching for that special something :rolleyes:

Its a tough decision and when your new these decisions are made even harder with our lack of experience but you will find your system in the end and when you do you shall be hooked.

In the meantime research and research until you have all your options shortlisted.

Knowledge is power lovie...hth and goodluck xxxx:Love:

hi, i have been using NSI acrylic but i don't like it. I have just bought salon services acrylic system (black and white design) i hope it's good. any one had any probs with it??? or what do you like about it?? i was recommended it by someone. xx

Hello,

I don't do acrylics just gels and I find biosculpture fab! Have used it for just over a year now and so pleased with it, sometimes can be difficult getting people to trust gel because acrylic is so strong but I find biosculpture gel just as good! Colour range is huge too! I also use trendy nail wraps and love doing them find them very easy to used but haven't used the others yet....do opi do some then? xxx

Cheers all x

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Hi, I have been using the NSI products for last month but am starting to run low and need to purchase replacements. Could any one give me some advise on the best products. I like the NSI but think would like to try something else. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm looking for the same answer really. Iv been looking at nsi, young nails, ezflow and nfu oh. Currently use cnd, but like you in running low. And iv heard great reviews from users of others. It's a hard decision isn't it. Lol. Hope somebody can help is. Xx

Why don't you send off for sample kits of the products you want to try....and give them a try and see which gives you the best results.

Can anyone tell me what the best products to use for gel nails are please started doing nails from home and i want to be able to find a product that is good and reliable.

This is a preference thing but whatever system you use make sure you have the right lamp and avoid surepromise xxxx

Definitely avoid Sure Promise (on eBay). Unless you really want to practice a lot as it peels off in around 24 hours! Lol

I use NSI and love it! I have also tried Trendy Nail Wraps I like them on toes but am going to try Minx next as I have heard they are not as thick and you get a much better result. ;)

Latest posts

Back