Advice on CND products esp. tips.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I've decided I'm going to convert with CND after Christmas, tried again today but they aren't able to give me dates for the l&p conversion yet. However, in the meantime, I'm thinking as I order new products, I'll buy CND to replace NSI. Obviously I can't do this with the actual l&p yet.

1) what CND products can be used alongside the NSI system? I'm thinking things like cleanse, nail pure +, files etc. What is the CND equivalent of the NSI endurance file.

2) I'd like to buy solar oil to sell on to clients, I'm thinking about £3 per bottle, are the solar oil minis about the right size for that price?

3) Right then, onto tips...........
I need to replace my clear ones, asap. At the moment I can afford 2 boxes of tips. I've read threads and decided to get the performance tips, as I'm currently having to use purely pink masque for z2 & 3 to cover the blend, and also the velocity tips for nail biters or the need to blend.

What colour would you get in these? I'm doing a lot of glitter tips currently, so am using clear NSI tips, but! I'd love to have white for anyone wanting pink and white, for a lovely crisp smile line, could I cover white with glitter? Or shall I go with the clear and do my own z1 white?

Also which glue is the best to go for with these tips? I don't know why but the polybond over the last 2 sets, isn't sticking straight away on some nails :irked:

Going to be getting some forms also, as I'd love to be competant enough to sculpt instead of using tips.

Sorry for the questions but I feel a little out of my depth buying into a new system, and can't afford to buy mistakes.

ta muchly xx

I've decided I'm going to convert with CND after Christmas, tried again today but they aren't able to give me dates for the l&p conversion yet. However, in the meantime, I'm thinking as I order new products, I'll buy CND to replace NSI. Obviously I can't do this with the actual l&p yet.

1) what CND products can be used alongside the NSI system? I'm thinking things like cleanse, nail pure +, files etc. What is the CND equivalent of the NSI endurance file.

2) I'd like to buy solar oil to sell on to clients, I'm thinking about £3 per bottle, are the solar oil minis about the right size for that price?

3) Right then, onto tips...........
I need to replace my clear ones, asap. At the moment I can afford 2 boxes of tips. I've read threads and decided to get the performance tips, as I'm currently having to use purely pink masque for z2 & 3 to cover the blend, and also the velocity tips for nail biters or the need to blend.

What colour would you get in these? I'm doing a lot of glitter tips currently, so am using clear NSI tips, but! I'd love to have white for anyone wanting pink and white, for a lovely crisp smile line, could I cover white with glitter? Or shall I go with the clear and do my own z1 white?

Also which glue is the best to go for with these tips? I don't know why but the polybond over the last 2 sets, isn't sticking straight away on some nails :irked:

Going to be getting some forms also, as I'd love to be competant enough to sculpt instead of using tips.

Sorry for the questions but I feel a little out of my depth buying into a new system, and can't afford to buy mistakes.

ta muchly xx
when you do your conversion you will get a really good kit to get you going ,
they will show you how to properly pre tailor a tip and explain what ones to use for what ,
they will allso show you how to do smile lines using white powder so the colour of the tips wont matter so much,
CND monomer retention+ doesn't need any primer , scrubfresh is your main prep tool,
when it comes to files the CND files are fab they will even talk you through the best uses for each file .......
adhesive CND gel bond all the way .......

I know your excited now you have decided to do it with CND but instead of replacing your products now why not save money for the day waite see what you get in your kit and then you can buy things in person and get the expert advice as your buying it?

one thing I would advise if your money is making you want to spend it , buy your self some of there tools , or buy the tool roll and one tool a week or something , when I first did my CND conversion I realized to tools I was using wear PANTS ! lol when compared to the ones they had.

Hiya, thanks for that, yep I realise I'll get the kit when I convert, however, I need to replace products now, and as I want to try the CND tips, I thought the other few smaller items I need i.e. files, I may as well get CND now too. I've got to buy some now as need the stock :D

Hotshots are a must there a 100/180 debulking and surface refinements shaping after product application I only ever used these before I got my e-file. Then your kanga for natural nail shaping a rigid board which is a 240, and a koala also for prep to remove shine and the special shiney side for removing scratch marks and applying oil.

Gelbond all the way. Perfomance tips are ace, I only ever used natural, velocity are fab aswell they blend like butter and ESP with gelbond it's sooo easy.

I would personally try and use one system and not intermix if possible. You will love CND products they are so much easier in my opinion to work with than NSI, even the files are easier,, good luck xx

Hi,
Just wanted to say I did the CND conversion course back in August. I was using NSI which I trained with at the time and to be honest was at the point I was thinking of taking enhancements off my price list as I felt I wasnt good enough.

The course taught me so much and made me feel lots better and now I actually enjoy doing my enhancements so good luck and you definately wont regret it.

H xx

right, placed my first order with SS. I went for Performance tips and Velocity tips both in clear. They don't do a sample size pack, so if I get on with them, will order performance white next time. Went for the sealebond glue as didn't fancy a tube. Also got some forms to practice sculpting ;) if I can get competant at that, I can bypass the tips stage :D

Unfortunately, they don't do single files to sample either, so had to plump for ebay, eek. Just bought one kanga and koala (couldn't find hotshot) to try them. If I like them, can order packets with the next order.

Can't wait to try these super duper tips, are they here yet lol

They sell them singly at your local academy+. never ever used selebond as gelbond rocks (sorry it seems you already made your mind up before you asked) also why just curious why you using clear tips? I find them personally hard (when I used tips) to work with . One thing I was determind to master was my z1 with White powder , I really was tempted to use White tips at times but I perservered abd now I'm glad as I feel i would of never been able to achieve the skill I have now as it would of probably made me become lazy .

This is in no way meant as a criticism so please don't take it that way. Xx

They sell them singly at your local academy+. never ever used selebond as gelbond rocks (sorry it seems you already made your mind up before you asked) also why just curious why you using clear tips? I find them personally hard (when I used tips) to work with . One thing I was determind to master was my z1 with White powder , I really was tempted to use White tips at times but I perservered abd now I'm glad as I feel i would of never been able to achieve the skill I have now as it would of probably made me become lazy .

This is in no way meant as a criticism so please don't take it that way. Xx
Hiya
I chose that glue because I didn't fancy using a tube, will try it and see how I go :D

If I get on with the tips, I'll order them in white too. Could only afford 2 sets at the minute and as I'm mostly doing glitter tips, thought clear would be better. Nice for glitter, plus I'd have to do my own z1 in white. Thought clear would cover both options for now :D
xx

Hiya
I chose that glue because I didn't fancy using a tube, will try it and see how I go :D

If I get on with the tips, I'll order them in white too. Could only afford 2 sets at the minute and as I'm mostly doing glitter tips, thought clear would be better. Nice for glitter, plus I'd have to do my own z1 in white. Thought clear would cover both options for now :D
xx

That's fine I know what you mean about a tube , but gel bond is not a glue it is not like any other adhesive I've used abd i've tried lots but gelbond does it's job, it blends like butter and it's a gap filling adhesive also. I find when working with l&p natural tips much easier than clear I would only use with gels ( I assume)

You will see where I am coming from when you do your conversion :),,, believe me xxx

the shape of NSI performance files is adictive :) it makes filing so much easier. after switching back to straight file I managed to cut my clients cuticle, thing that never happened to me before. OPI offers similar shaped files too.

So do CND, but I have tried nsis and find them too harsh personally, I have never cut a client with my hot shot and I would say this is just a Case of file control as opposed to being the files fault :)

So do CND, but I have tried nsis and find them too harsh personally, I have never cut a client with my hot shot and I would say this is just a Case of file control as opposed to being the files fault :)
The edges of the NSI Endurance are very sharp, I file the edge down a little with an old file, but want to try the cnd ones. Couldn't get a hotshot as a single though. Will wait for conversion to try that :D

You must blunt the edges of all new files no matter who makes them I have an old file which I use for this.
I only use 3 files CND Koala, CND Kanga and CND Blizzard Board they cover all my needs from natural nail treatment and enhancement work.

If you find your closest CND Academy pop in and ask the girls I'm syre they would sort you out will some samples, if you don't ask you will never know :)

You must blunt the edges of all new files no matter who makes them I have an old file which I use for this.
I only use 3 files CND Koala, CND Kanga and CND Blizzard Board they cover all my needs from natural nail treatment and enhancement work.

If you find your closest CND Academy pop in and ask the girls I'm syre they would sort you out will some samples, if you don't ask you will never know :)
I'm no where near one unfortunately :( mind you probably just as well, I'd be like a kid in a sweetie shop :D

I've managed to get a single Koala and Kanga though.

When is your conversion? I will be happy to post you one of my hotshots out I have lots and they have kinda become redundant now I use my e-file to debulk.

I tried lots of various files but always go back to the hotshot the 100 side once it's been used can be used for refinement as you will know it will after being used a couple of times it will become more like a 180/200 board :) believe me you will love em,, but hey everything that CND do they do well so what's not to love xxx

When is your conversion? I will be happy to post you one of my hotshots out I have lots and they have kinda become redundant now I use my e-file to debulk.

I tried lots of various files but always go back to the hotshot the 100 side once it's been used can be used for refinement as you will know it will after being used a couple of times it will become more like a 180/200 board :) believe me you will love em,, but hey everything that CND do they do well so what's not to love xxx

Hiya, I'll have the money together about beginning of February, but my local educator hasn't put her dates thru to SS yet, she says she has, they say she hasn't ;)

I have to say I am quite surprised at anyone using the Hotshot abrasive for surface refinement. As far as I am aware CND do not advocate that a 100grit file is used on newly applied product as it is too harsh. Application should be such that the roughest grit you should use on newly applied product is a 180 grit.

100 grit files should really only be used in a rebalance service if required.

Izzi what I was trying to say and obviously came out Wrong was that once your file has been used a few times it will then be a lower grit !!!! I was not saying Cnd advise this etc but I find it works for me.

Well, I tried the velocity tips yesterday on myself! OMG!! The difference in quality is remarkable. I used sealebond glue, and I swear they stick so easily, not one ignored my prayer, 'please stick please stick' lol.

I know it sounds silly but even CND's lint free pads are better quality.

I've just created the best ever set of tips on myself. An adhoc pattern of viva la diva gold and ruby red l&p tips with pp masque mixed with opal shimmer z2 & 3. Very christmassy.

Can't wait to try these tips on a client, soooo quick :D

Thanks for the advice everyone about CND products. I hold my hand up and say, I used to think yeah yeah, its all hype, but its not lol.

Do I place another order or save my spondoolies for conversion lol

Latest posts

Back