advice on gels/acrylic??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonailtech

Reaction score
hi i recently completed calgel training, but since joining this can see that there is a lot of what look like really good gels out there.. i would like to learn how to use more gels and would like advice on what are the best to use? i would like if it was a gel that does not cause damage to the natural nail? and i do not want to spend too much on training and products would have to be reasonable prices too?
i would also like to know what the big difference between acrylic and gel is? and would you recommend that i use acrylic?? obviously i am new to nails but have to say so far i love it. thanks for reading and any advice would be very welcome!!

joanne x

hi i recently completed calgel training, but since joining this can see that there is a lot of what look like really good gels out there.. i would like to learn how to use more gels and would like advice on what are the best to use? there are a lot of good gels out there, the trick is to find one that suits your needs best. I use Creative Brisa which is a buff off odorless, hypoallergenic gel.

i would like if it was a gel that does not cause damage to the natural nail? none of these products are meant to damage natural, they are to enhance the nails, what really damages the nail is a tech with lack of knowledge, training and skills. Incorrect removal, overfiling are the damaging factors

and i do not want to spend too much on training and products would have to be reasonable prices too? excellent training will never be cheap, spending too much will be - if a person chooses wrong cheap places to train at. Excellent quality products are also not cheap. The best way is to a research into products. (for example, if you decide to convert to CND Brisa gels, you get your lamp and kit with your training, so the actuall tuition is free). Call Sweet Squared for details.

i would also like to know what the big difference between acrylic and gel is? acrylic is an umbrella term, all three systems are in fact acrylics, so in order not confuse anyone we use proper terms - gel, liquid and powder. There is no such thing as whats is better, both materials are suitable for different types of nails, eg gel is best for thich and brittle nails that require flexibility, liquid and powder is best for thin, damaged nails and clients who are hard on their nails.

and would you recommend that i use acrylic?? it would be best to be able to offer both systems, so you are able to offer the best one according to clients needs and condition of the natural nail.

obviously i am new to nails but have to say so far i love it. thanks for reading and any advice would be very welcome!!

you can find a lot of info on the above questions you have on this fab forum by using a search facility. Also have a look in articles and tutorials section, there are a lot of information.

hope this helps:hug: IMHO

x

thanks hon the info you gave me is great, there is an acrylic course starting near me in jan so think i will do it, and good point about good training not coming cheap this is true but ive spent so much already and calgel products are expensive, that i dont like the thought of forking out lots more at the moment!! but i am really keen to learn more systems even though i like calgel and will continue to use it i would really like to be able to offer more.. thanks again x

You are more than welcome doll) Good luck in your search.

I put aside 20-30 pounds per week for training) Helps to get the most out of it, there are so many courses out there that I want to attend all over the place, if only I won a lottery and my husband was well again it would have been so much easier:hug: x

thats a great idea about putting few pounds aside every week for training i will have to start that.. sorry to hear your husband is not well i hope he gets better soon hon. thanks again

joanne xx

Latest posts

Back