Advice on leg wax please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THERAPY

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a lady who comes for a full leg wax, this was her 5th appointment tonight. I am having trouble with the hairs on the upper leg, some hairs just wont budge and some just break off, she has quite course hair but I've never had any problems before with anybody else. I really want to get this sorted as it is doing my head in and I feel I'm not doing the best job I can.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :hug:

I have had this problem before too. I use a steamer or hot towels to soften the hairs and help open the pores on the area more. You will find the hairs will come out a lot easier.

Kate

Thanks Kate I'll try that next time and let you know. I forgot to mention that she has PCOS, I don't know if this has anything to do with it xx

Make sure the wax is nice and thin. Stretch the skin when applying the wax so that it goes right down to the base of the hair and skin. Really give the strip a nice firm rub and RIPPPPP! xxx

Make sure the wax is nice and thin. Stretch the skin when applying the wax so that it goes right down to the base of the hair and skin. Really give the strip a nice firm rub and RIPPPPP! xxx

I promise you Kim I did all of that but the suckers just would not flamin budge !!

I promise you Kim I did all of that but the suckers just would not flamin budge !!
In that case then.....pour petrol on and put a match to it. You could of course use Euroblonde but don't apply it the same thickness as you would for a Braz. Much thinner but not so thin that it breaks. xxx

I hope that i explain this properly! Whenever I am waxing someone, after i have placed the wax strip over the wax and rubbed my hand over it, just before i pull the strip off, I give it a small tug in the same direction as the hair growth then I pull it off. It was a technique another therapist showed me years ago. By giving that small tug you are moving the wax ever so slightly but at the same time the wax grips the hair so much better! I tell you, not a word of a lie, but my waxing is 100% better since I started doing that! I very rairly have hairs left over, even on people with stupid hair, especially men and it doesnt add any extra time to my waxing! in fact I save time because I don't have to pluck so many strays. It is such a small thing but it made a huge difference for me!

I hope that i explain this properly! Whenever I am waxing someone, after i have placed the wax strip over the wax and rubbed my hand over it, just before i pull the strip off, I give it a small tug in the same direction as the hair growth then I pull it off. It was a technique another therapist showed me years ago. By giving that small tug you are moving the wax ever so slightly but at the same time the wax grips the hair so much better! I tell you, not a word of a lie, but my waxing is 100% better since I started doing that! I very rairly have hairs left over, even on people with stupid hair, especially men and it doesnt add any extra time to my waxing! in fact I save time because I don't have to pluck so many strays. It is such a small thing but it made a huge difference for me!

Can you explain that again for me.....I'm not quite getting it. So you put the strip on, rub and before you lift the end you're going to pull, and then pull it which way? Sorry, I can't see it in my head. I'll be using that technique if it works. Thanks.

Therapy, I also do this. When you've rubbed the strip, keep your hand flat on the strip and slide it down as you remove it. So your hand is strechin the strip and the skin at the same time. xxx

I use the hot wax technique with warm wax if a client has tough, easily broken or short hairs. ie: thin layers.

First layer in the opposite direction to the hair and then the second layer in the normal way, same direction. This way the hair is full coated and comes away really well - learnt this from a very experienced therapist I worked for.

Karaxxx

in that case then.....pour petrol on and put a match to it. You could of course use euroblonde but don't apply it the same thickness as you would for a braz. Much thinner but not so thin that it breaks. Xxx

quality. Lol!!!!!!

I have 2 leg wax clients whose hairs breaks off... I hard wax them... it's more time consuming and more cost to myself, but means a happy loyal client.

Sometimes I hard wax them then warm wax over the top, if necessary.

Will try those other ways though, the thin layers in different directions, and the slight pull in the direction of the hair growth before pulling against. Sounds good. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back