Advice on my first set of Acrylics please ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.e.brown

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at everyone's posts on here for a while now whilst doing my Nail Technician course and have picked up some great advice and tips :)

Anyway, today I did my first set of Acrylics .... on myself! I am a perfectionist and not entirely happy with them, but I do understand its going to take a while. Can you all give me your advice on them please and tell things you think I should pay particular attention to.

Thank you :)

http://www.salongeek.com/members/k.e.brown-albums-nails+xxx.html

I think the most obviuos thing is that there is too much white to pink ratio.
It should be 1/3 or less white to 2/3 or more pink to look aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Also they look quite hippy, so you need to take the sides in so that the side walls run parallel to the natural nail shape.
These things will come with practice, but well done for posting your first set.
x

Thank you for your reply :)

I thought there was too much white, I was told not to cover more than 30% which I tried not to and literally applied right at the top of the free edge. Do you think it is because I have short natural nails? I will file in the sides, this is something I didn't even notice, so thank you for bringing my attention to it.

:) x

For your first set, you have done well.

I would have to agree with the previous comments, there is way too much white and you need to file those sidewalls in to prevent the white looking fatter than the pink.
Can you try an opaque/cover powder to extend your nail bed?
When you have short nail beds, sadly you can't have heaps of length (white) or it just looks wrong, so if you do have short nail beds (like me from biting my nails for years) you will have to use either an opaque powder to extend or reduce your white free edge.
Another thing I noticed, is they look a bit flat, as in not much apex but it could be the angel of the photo.

Do all we have suggested and post another pic and we can compare?

I agree with all the above comments. Google Nail Angel videos and you will see not only what people are saying but how to get it right :eek: The tutorials on here will be a big help to you too go to articles and you'll find them x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back