Advice on my price list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahmaria1991

Reaction score
Hi everyone please would you have a little look at my price list I have created and see if you think this is ok I am mobile but also do some ladies from home. I wrote up this price list a little while ago but have just joined this forum and I'm wanting lots of help and advice as I am wanting to make a big go of this as I used to work full time in retail but was made redundant a little while back so I'm wanting to go self employed in the near future. I was told when doing my Moroccan spray tan course that the minimum I should be charging is £20 and even more if I'm to travel to someone's house but it sounds really pricey compared to what other tannest's are. Also I'm not sure if when I'm leaving the house I should be charging a little extra as it is the wear and tear on my car the petrol and the insurance.

💅 Price List 💅

* Fingers or toes *
Shellac 12.50
Rockstar 17.50
Additives 17.50
Neons 17.50
Gradient neon £20
Gradient rockstar £20

* Fingers and toes *
Shellac £22.50
Rockstar £32.50
Additives £32.50
Neons £32.50
Gradient neons £35
Gradient rockstar £35

Each finger £1 per rockstar or nail art or 10 for £5

* Acrylics *
French acrylic £25
French and glitter £28
Clear acrylic £20
Clear and painted £25
Clear and shellac £30
Clear with rockstar £35

* Moroccan Spray tan *
Full body- £15

* Eyebrow treatments *
Eyebrow shape £5
Eyelash tint £10
Eyebrow tint £8
Eyelash & eyebrow tint £15
Eyebrow tint & shape £10
Eyelash, eyebrow tint & shape £20

* * Must have a patch test for tinting 48 hours before * *

Free travel up to 4 miles anything further is charged at £1 per mile

Usually these are my offer prices when I run the offers-
Shellac - £10
Rockstar / additive / neons - £15
Spray tans - £10

Has anybody got any good tips for me on starting my business please?
Thank you

Hi I'm mobile too. I would say your shellac prices are way too low. I charge £23.50 for shellac with a soak off. I always give a free mini solar oil on first shellac treatment which makes up for not having a soak off. Also your acrylics I think should be more. As for your spray tan, I don't do these but think £20 sounds reasonable. I don't charge extra for travel as I think I don't have salon overheads so car expenses are comparable to that if I were to work in a salon.
Take a look at my website if you'd like to see what I charge www.georginasmobilebeauty.co.uk I f...tter and so on all good for free advertising.

If it's CND Shellac, your prices are WAY too low!!

You won't be making a lot of money on your prices I would have a look at reconsidering most of these.

CND suggest 50% ontop of your normal polish price for a shellac application I wouldn't do a discount for having fingers and toes shellac'd you really are losing money people will normally book both treatments together so why discount them when they'd pay it?

20 sounds reasonable for a spray tan. Again I think your acrylics should show a significant price difference to a shellac treatment.

Don't be affraid of pricing yourself you need to make a living and pricing yourself as low as you have you will struggle to increase your prices you will also find once your costs have been taken out your not making any money.

Every county/ town has discount salons etc and salons that have silly offers but the fact is there is room for everyone and actually low prices do put some people off.

Thanks everyone for your help :) yes its cnd I use I buy all my products from sweet squared in leeds/horsforth. Thank you Iv had a look at your prices and now I'm wondering how am I going to up mine now! I have a few regular ladies iv done for quite some time now whilst I was working so I'd be worried about losing them. I don't charge for removal if I applied it and are re-applying it but if I haven't or they just want it removing I charge £5. I couldn't imagine upping my prices and getting buisness still as there are salons around me that charge £15 for shellac and even do offers for shellac/ rockstar fingers or toes £10!! Do you ever put offers on? If so what are they usually? I don't have my ladies always booking for fingers and toes together like now over the winter everyone has there feet covered up so there not really that bothered about ther toes not really done many been mostly shellac fingers. I just worry I would put people off upping my prices but I really need to push myself more as I am wanting to make a living out of this I got made redundant when I was pregnant with my first child and me and my partner were in the middle of moving into our own house and now he's the only one really working but now my little boy is nearly 2 I'm wanting to really push this this year for when he starts at school I can be busy working again. I really don't want to under cut myself but just worry I wouldn't get the customers when I have a lot if salons around me charging there cheaper prices. Would you charge differently for shellac and rockstar too?

CND recommend charging £25 for shellac. I wouldn't want to go below £20.

Have you worked out your cost per treatment? If you ask sweet Squared they will send you the shellac costs and you need to add for your wage and car costs xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Up your prices honey.. You can't be making much profit on what your charging now. And your expertise is worth more.

If you are worried about existing customers do it gradually.. For example if you charged £15 for Shellac but now want to charge £20 then do this immediately for all new customers. Old customers get £15 for the next one (if booked already) then say £17.50 until March. Then £20. After.

Tell them due to product price increases you have no choice. If you lose customers then they don't respect the A* service you provide and aren't worth the tiny amount you do make. People are willing to pay for quality, that's what you are. Have confidence. Xx

Thanks everyone for your help :) yes its cnd I use I buy all my products from sweet squared in leeds/horsforth. Thank you Iv had a look at your prices and now I'm wondering how am I going to up mine now! I have a few regular ladies iv done for quite some time now whilst I was working so I'd be worried about losing them. I don't charge for removal if I applied it and are re-applying it but if I haven't or they just want it removing I charge £5. I couldn't imagine upping my prices and getting buisness still as there are salons around me that charge £15 for shellac and even do offers for shellac/ rockstar fingers or toes £10!! Do you ever put offers on? If so what are they usually? I don't have my ladies always booking for fingers and toes together like now over the winter everyone has there feet covered up so there not really that bothered about ther toes not really done many been mostly shellac fingers. I just worry I would put people off upping my prices but I really need to push myself more as I am wanting to make a living out of this I got made redundant when I was pregnant with my first child and me and my partner were in the middle of moving into our own house and now he's the only one really working but now my little boy is nearly 2 I'm wanting to really push this this year for when he starts at school I can be busy working again. I really don't want to under cut myself but just worry I wouldn't get the customers when I have a lot if salons around me charging there cheaper prices. Would you charge differently for shellac and rockstar too?

Yes, you need to be charging more for rockstar than shellac I charge £7 more but a lot of people seem to charge around £5 more.

I don't charge for removal if they are have it re applied but if not I charge £10.00 if booked alongside another treatment and £15 if not and the same if it's someone else's work I'm removing.

Being mobile you need a minimum call out charge the a amount of times I've been out when I started and made no money actually normally a loss just to gain a client base but looking back I should of had a minimum charge from the get go!

If I do an offer it's normally on my Crystal Clear microdermabrasion machine as when this goes quiet it just reminds clients that the service is still there!

I would never do an offer on a service that was busy or people would book anyway like nails and tans.

Every town has salons/ mobile techs charging silly prices and you will always get the clients that go to them its life people will always chase a bargain but at the same time those clients aren't loyal and they go to whoever is cheapest that day. You want to aim for a client market I have clients that money's no issue and well known ones this actually wasn't intentional I just fell lucky when I first started with a recommendation and so on, but when I very first started out I had a salon in a not so lucrative area but I'd get people phoning up and battering with me over my prices it was ridiculous but I stuck to my guns even on days I'd made no money and grew a loyal client base that still remained with me when I went mobile luckily. Everyone has to do there time.

Last edited:
This post has made me feel so much better about my prices as I was bit worried how much charging but like my trainer said too low is not good and £25 is going rate. So seeing this had definitely made me think I have chosen my prices right :) Thanks :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

It depends on your area.
I'm in the northeast not in major cities. Mostly towns and smaller towns.
Your prices are exactly what I charge. I don't use shellac I use gelish.

You will need to find twice as many client and you are going to be doing more than twice as much work for the same amount of money. Why do that? Your prices would put me off because either I would assume you weren't very good at your job or I would feel like I was ripping you off by paying you so little. If you were priced Higher I would think I was getting something better quality from someone a sense of self worth which I would respect.

I have contacted sweet squared and they are going to send me out the costs today. I'll have a look at it and try figure out what I should charge. I like the idea of that increase I think that's a good way to do it thank you for that advice :) I just find doing an offer now and then makes me a bit busier as sometimes it dies off (apart from my regular ladies) but some weeks I'm really quiet so if I put an offer on I get a lot of new ladies booking but for some reason they don't keep as regulars I have had them come back to me when I run offers though which is what worries me if I put my prices up I wouldn't be as busy, but then on the other hand for the ladies that come to my house and the ones I have to travel to I don't think its fair charging the same price if your having the treatment done in the comfort of there own homes then I think it should be a little more for my petrol and my wear and tear on my car and my insurance and my extra time it takes me to get there and back. The ladies that come to me either drive or get taxis so that's extra money there paying there so if I was to up my price that would be more money on top of taxis so I'm guessing they would prefer it in there own house then which isn't a problem but then if there happy coming here would I be best keeping them prices cheaper then if I go to someone's house charge that more?

I charge more because I have to wait around for them the amount of times I've been told to wait because they're unloading the food shop or feeding the kids or putting the kids to bed or the kids/ husband don't stop interrupting an hour treatment soon starts adding time so you need to account for all this

I had a lady a couple of days ago wanting clear acrylics with rockstar she was fine that the acrylics cost £20 then as soon as I said its £35 with the rockstar on top she was put off and said no that's far too expensive thank you though and not heard from her now! I thought £35 with clear acrylics and rockstar was brilliant! And like a lot of you have said Im undercharging anyway... So if I am to up my price list I can't ever imagine been able to get a lot of custom. I have no idea what to do... I just think people what things doing for nothing nowadays it's quite hard when you have these NSS places that do acrylics mega quick and all there pretty designs for penny's but obviously they don't use the real stuff i.e dentistry acrylic! And they definitely don't use CND for there shellac! People who just want there nails done quick and cheap just go there if they see my prices and there's there bound to go there. What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's the same thing (obviously I have no idea I'm a man lol) but Mrs Penguin Pays normally £20-22 for CND Shellac and rockstars are normally extra £3-5. I know because she always borrows my money :roll eyes: lol.

Hi Hannah. Obviously you need to look at prices in your local area to compare but your prices are very low for shellac hands. If you are using CND Shellac are qualified, CND trained and insured you should be charging more.
Im a mobile CND nail technician and I charge £28 for a mini Shellac mani plus £5 for foils, additives, glitters and stamping. £35 for shellac mini pedi plus extra for glitters etc. £45 for a luxury CND shellac pedi (includes Shellac, skin removal, soak, scrub, massage) my CND Vinylux mini mani/pedi are £18. My prices include removal if having reapplication if not I charge £10.50 to just remove.
Your prices are very low for hands but not for feet? You need to be consistent with your pricing. HTH :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree. You need to bump your prices up.
Iv been mobile for 4 years and I also have a few that come to me.
I charge the same price whether I go to them or they come to me.
What I would suggest though is to have a minimum call out charge. So for example I won't go to any ones home unless their treatments come to £15 or more. That way my costs are covered. If your working from home you may not be using petrol etc but your using your electricity, knowledge and expertise so charge them the same as what you would to go out to them. If they want the treatment they will pay for it and once you build up their loyalty they will keep coming back.
Make sure your prices are competitive with local salons as you don't want to be over charging but at the same time you are just as good as a salon so don't do yourself out of money.
Hope this helps :) x

Thank you mischicks that has really helped me iv had this idea for my new shellac price list I have my old prices to my possible new prices....

* Fingers or toes *
Shellac 12.50 .. new-£15
Rockstar 17.50 .. new-£20
Additives 17.50 .. new-£20
Neons 17.50 .. new-£20
Gradient neon £20 .. new-£22.50
Gradient rockstar £20 .. new-£22.50

I used to do a discount on both fingers and toes but some people didn't agree with discounting them together as its a service people would book together anyway so would you recommend discounting them together for like special one week only offers maybe? Or have a joint fingers and toes price list? Also what about charge of removal? If I have applied it I usually remove it for free then re apply it but if I'm just removing (which I never have had to do as all my ladies have it re applied) I usually charge just £5?

Hi Hannah. Obviously you need to look at prices in your local area to compare but your prices are very low for shellac hands. If you are using CND Shellac are qualified, CND trained and insured you should be charging more.
Im a mobile CND nail technician and I charge £28 for a mini Shellac mani plus £5 for foils, additives, glitters and stamping. £35 for shellac mini pedi plus extra for glitters etc. £45 for a luxury CND shellac pedi (includes Shellac, skin removal, soak, scrub, massage) my CND Vinylux mini mani/pedi are £18. My prices include removal if having reapplication if not I charge £10.50 to just remove.
Your prices are very low for hands but not for feet? You need to be consistent with your pricing. HTH :)

I just couldn't imagine anyone around my area paying that price for there treatments as a lot of salons around me only charge £10 shellac and it is the real cnd products too.... I went to there salon few years ago before I was qualified to use shellac and there treatment was push back cuticles and paint! I noticed it chipped within a week and half. I do believe you pay for what you get but I also think people are just after a bargain, they don't understand the product properly and just think nails dun for the weekend £10 bargain. It's just a very hard thing to decide upon 😕

It is hard as in my area its a very saturated market with lots of foreign nail bars who offer cheaper services, they work quickly but its all about bums on seats for them NOT about repeat clients who are happy! My business has to be about regular fortnighly happy clients who are happy with healthy well looked after nails. I can educate them on good nail practice and offer them what the salons in my area dont! If you are passionate about nails and know your stuff it will shine through. Lots of clients come to me having had bad experiences and damage caused, if you can show them how it should be done then they will realise why you charge more! But it takes time & a lot of hard work to build up the client base you want instead of cheap unloyal clients just looking for a bargain. :D

Latest posts

Back