Advice with pre pigmenting blonde hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
This is actually for my own hair, I am farmiliar with wella colours, my hair is currentley a 12\0 but quite ashy very light blonde, I want to go to a 7 or 8 medium/dark blonde but am scared it will look very flat and ashy, do I pre pig (using what?) With gold then use a semi? Or permanant thanks :) x

This is actually for my own hair, I am farmiliar with wella colours, my hair is currentley a 12\0 but quite ashy very light blonde, I want to go to a 7 or 8 medium/dark blonde but am scared it will look very flat and ashy, do I pre pig (using what?) With gold then use a semi? Or permanant thanks :) x

I did this exact thing, with Majirel. Client had 12/0 heavily highlighted hair, with 1.5" roots, desired result 9/23, client base 6-7. I pre pigged with 8/3 and warm water,really working it in to the hair, then applied 9/23 to roots with 30vol, then applied remainder mixed with warm water to mid lengths and ends. The result was great, but the ends sucked up the gold and left some ashy tones, if I did it again I'd add more 8/3 to ends. I'll be interested to hear what advice other geeks give as I'd started a thread asking advice for it and didn't receive one reply, looked it up in nvq3 book in the end.

I did this exact thing, with Majirel. Client had 12/0 heavily highlighted hair, with 1.5" roots, desired result 9/23, client base 6-7. I pre pigged with 8/3 and warm water,really working it in to the hair, then applied 9/23 to roots with 30vol, then applied remainder mixed with warm water to mid lengths and ends. The result was great, but the ends sucked up the gold and left some ashy tones, if I did it again I'd add more 8/3 to ends. I'll be interested to hear what advice other geeks give as I'd started a thread asking advice for it and didn't receive one reply, looked it up in nvq3 book in the end.

I'm not familiar with Majirel so not sure what 9/23 is but thanks :) x

I'm not familiar with Majirel so not sure what 9/23 is but thanks :) x

Basically I'm saying I pre pigged with 1 shade darker but with gold tones, but I reckon if you want to go to base 7 pre pig with 7/3. Wella's equivalent to /23 is /13 off the top of my head.

7.3 majirel would be a tad greeny to prepig with. If you only have access to L'Oreal, I would use the gold diacolour as the prepig, then on with target colour.
If you can get hold of Redken shades EQ, go straight in with 07NB, no prepig required.

i think you are best pre colouring with diacolour gold too.. it goes a long way too x

Latest posts

Back