After keratin shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrstiggles

Reaction score
Hi all
Ive just had the keratin hair treatment which is amazing. I normally use aveda color conserve shampoo and conditioner. Does anyone know if this ok to use after the treatment? thank you xx

No whatever you do don't use it. Didn't the hairdresser that did this treatment for you give you an aftercare card or at least verbal advice.

You must not use shampoo that contains Sodium Chloride, and as far as I know you can't buy it off the shelf but I can see you already use an excellent product so won't be shy using decent stuff. By all means look at the ingredients if the Aveda, as it's a colour one it may not contain sodium chloride. I give my clients Nexxus Assure and Nexxus Insure. You can also use Pureology. Persianista a fellow Geek runs a wholesalers and she retails Pureology.

yes i got a nexxus shampoo and conditioner with my treatment. Its just i normally use the aveda one. I was going to order some more. But didnt know if it was ok or not. Thank you so much for your advise i will buy more nexxus, cause i love my hair so want to maintain it for as long as possible xx

One wash with a non approved shampoo can strip your treatment. Make sure if you get your hair washed out at any salon, to remind the stylist that you need sodium chloride free......I have seen stylists do the treatment, then forget!:eek: Doh!

Latest posts

Back