Age gaps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a 28 year age gap between me and my partner. Age is just a number at the end of the day. We have been together for 16 years and he makes me happy and makes me laugh. The age gap between us only seems to matter to others but not to us. Age gaps only matter if you let them.
Kirsty

"We put the treat in your treatment"

There's 5 years between my partner and we got together when I was 17 and he was 22 and 2 and a half years later we couldn't be happier we have our own house both starting up our own businesses and have spoken about wanting marriage and kids in the future x I love that he's older than me we are both mature for out ages and tbh I was sick of dating boys I needed a man x I think if you have a connection and if you're happy then age doesn't matter xxx

There is 16 years between me and my husband we have been married for nearly 3 years and together 5 years were very happy. Life is far to short to worry about age gaps as long as you are both happy that's all that matters :)

There's 7 years between us and I'm glad! We get on really well we both can have serious conversations aswell as immature ones but if I was with someone my age I don't think I would cope haha xx

Thanks everyone for your replies. The reason I ask is I have been asked out on a date tomorrow, and there is a 10 year age gap. I'm 20 and he's 30. He asked me if it changed things I said no because I don't really know him at all yet I couldn't say. Just wanted to know everyone else's views which has opened my eyes a bit. I've never been out with someone a bit older than me before so I'm slightly nervous now. Mostly that he might think I'm not mature or too young or whatever. I chatted up a guy in my bar before and he was 26 said I was too young! X

Sarah xo

There's exciting :) i really wouldn't worry about the age gap to be honest with you. For me older men seem to be hotter haha! Enjoy your date & good luck :) x

There's exciting :) i really wouldn't worry about the age gap to be honest with you. For me older men seem to be hotter haha! Enjoy your date & good luck :) x

Thank you!! I am looking forward to it, don't even know where we are going I love being surprised lol

Sarah xo

I was a bit nervous when my partner asked me out on a date, I was 20 he was nearly 31. We just connected, fast forward to nearly 2 years later and we are expecting our first child, very soon.

A dates a date, you'll know if it feels right or wrong when your out. Enjoy it! Let us know how you get on. Do you know what the plan is for the date yet? Xx

I was a bit nervous when my partner asked me out on a date, I was 20 he was nearly 31. We just connected, fast forward to nearly 2 years later and we are expecting our first child, very soon.

A dates a date, you'll know if it feels right or wrong when your out. Enjoy it! Let us know how you get on. Do you know what the plan is for the date yet? Xx

Just praying it all goes smoothly I never go on dates lol. Nope all I know is I'm picked up at half 6, tables booked for 7!

Sarah xo

Just praying it all goes smoothly I never go on dates lol. Nope all I know is I'm picked up at half 6, tables booked for 7!

Sarah xo

Enjoy and fill us in x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Surprise date! How fun! You'll be fine, just go with the flow. Fingers crossed it all goes well xx

My partner is 11 years older than me , I'm 30 he's 41, we get on well , have been together over two and a half years , live together and engaged , he's young at heart and I'm the sensible one so we meet in the middle lol . Age shouldn't be a problem it's who you fall in love with at the end of the day .
Hope your date goes well

Im 37 and my partner is 25. We both guestimated the other at 28 when we met. We met through mutal friends and have been together over a year. It works for us.
Good luck with your date :)

My daughter is 21 and her partner is 39. They make a fab couple and are really happy together. It's just a number.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm 11 years younger than my husband - although when we first met I thought he was only 24 (I was 21) but he was 33, Baby face! It's made no difference and I don't even think of it x

There's 10.5 years between me and my partner - I am 23 and he is just 34. I don't know if it is because I have always been more mature than my age but I don't notice the age gap at all. The only time I think about it is when I am taking the micky out of him for being gray and his receeding hair line. I do sometimes panic about things like paying a mortgage off after he retires etc. But it's been over 2 years now and we get on like a house on fire. Xx

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am starting to think I'd prefer someone older now looking at all your replies! This has definitely put my mind at ease, thanks everyone x

Sarah xo

I was 20 and he was 35 when we first started dating. Was great fun!!! 😉

I'm 31 and my husband is 46.
Been together 8 years, married for 2.
To be honest I do notice the age gap.
In the beginning I noticed it because I was immature and 23.
Now I notice it because he's 46 and can be a bit boring! I love him though.
The one real prob is I dont think i have a baby till 35 so he'll be 50 and so I think we can only have one.

I don't think men start to grow up until they are 30.
Ideally for me 10 years is perfect.

It was also very handy having an older very successful partner when I was 23 but now I'm a bit spoilt.

Hi, there is an 18 year age gap between myself and my soulmate, we have been together for 23 years, married for twenty of them...3 girls and we have never left the "in love" stage!!

We are still acting like teenagers :D

We are very close with our "kids" (20, 18, & 16)... and envied among our friends :p

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

My partner 5 years older nd e still acts like hes 16 again! Im only 22 but deffo the older 1 in the head lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back