Age spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lash N Load

Reaction score
Hello, have just searched but can't find an answer.

Have any of you successfully removed age spots? If so, how?

I don't like mine and am thinking about trying microdermabrasion on it. I've seen mixed reviews about laser so not so keen on trying it straight away.

Thanks for help.

A course of microdermabrasion will help x

Thanks for replies.

Have you seen the results with microdermabrasion?

Anna - have you tried the cream?

Pigmentation is a very complex process with many contributing factors, and as such there is no one treatment or product that will treat it effectively.
Microderm, if indicated, is a good starting point, with topical application of skin lightening agents such as mulberry extract, and a tyrosinase inhibitor at night.

I'm not a big lover of microdermabrasion! I just don't think it works :/

I find with things like age spots SPF plays a key part!! To help prevent any further age spots I would recommend a SPF30 daily!! also regular exfoliation in your skin care routine.

If you could let us know about about your skin care routine, which cleanser you use etc?

Thanks for your reply Lynne, exactly what I needed to know.

Amelia I think I'm a lost cause. I don't really have much of a skincare routine. I'm quite lazy.

I've bought a few creams to help but only ever really use them for a week then get sloppy and stop.

I know I won't stick to anything so was hoping microdermabrasion would be the answer. Sigh

My honest opinion I wouldn't bother wasting your money on microdermabrasion if your not going to bother wearing SPF daily or bother to use a cleanser!
If you had a proper skin care routine you will probably see a slight difference!

If yr not able/willing to use a consistent skin care regime then it looks like you're gonna have to accept the fact that you will be keeping this pigmentation.
There are ways to improve but you will need to keep using products - end of. Its like wanting a gym body but only going for an initial 2 weeks at the gym - isnt gonna happen :)

Hey Matthew thanks for your reply. Makes sense.

I have a very basic skin care routine. Cleanse, moisturise & SPF. Will have to think about adding to it...

If yr not able/willing to use a consistent skin care regime then it looks like you're gonna have to accept the fact that you will be keeping this pigmentation.
There are ways to improve but you will need to keep using products - end of. Its like wanting a gym body but only going for an initial 2 weeks at the gym - isnt gonna happen :)

Hahahhaa I'm that person when it comes to the gym!!! Hahahahahha

Which cleanser moisturiser and SPF do you use? You can get two in one products so cleansers that contain exfoliators so your not doing any extra steps but your skins getting something extra :)

Personally I don't believe in 2 in 1 cleanser/exfoliant
First of all a cleanser doesn't stay on the skin long enough to exfoliate (basically exfoliant ends up down the drain before it has a chance to work), second, for the exfoliation to occur you need a proper pH which should be quite low (2-3.0). Cleansers are quite neutral (around 5.5) and even if they contain some AHA or BHA, they won't work as exfoliants in such high pH.

I'm also not a fan of cleansers combined with mechanical exfoliant (abrasive bits) as firstly, mechanical scrubs dont to such good job compare to chemical ones and also there is a risk of the abrasives getting into the eyes etc

Oh not I don't like anything with bits in it! Dermalogica age smart skin resurfacing cleanser is a great two in one product but you can also exfoliate with it! But for someone that doesn't exfoliate it's better than nothing!!

Latest posts

Back