Ages?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xNatalieLauren

Reaction score
I'm 22! Well, almost. Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday.

I was just laughing with a friend at starting my secondary school TEN years ago and it hit me, how fast life goes when you leave school :sad:

How old are you all? and how old were you when you started your Biz?

Im 31 and I went self employed at 24 ,also been with my partner for nearly 11 years now which is scary :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm 23 this year and I can't believe how long it's been since I left school either!
It's been about 4 years since I left college can't believe how time goes by x

I'm 44 and started my business at 34 when I didn't go back to my old office job after maternity leave as I couldn't afford childcare. I worked weekends and nights at first and then 2 days per week I had a childminder when business picked up. Kids are now at full time school and my business has grown accordingly.

I'm 23 this year and I can't believe how long it's been since I left school either!
It's been about 4 years since I left college can't believe how time goes by x

It's scary isn't it? It felt like yesterday I had my csection and welcomed my little boy into the word. He's almost 9 months now, crawling about, shouting Daddy whenever he can! Life's very precious it goes too fast <3

I think it took forever to reach 16, 18, 21... Once my 21st birthday passed the years are just flying by, im 27. I did hair & beauty at college, started up mobile at 25! Xx

I'm nearly 23 it's gone really fast I started in the industry at the age of 15 loved it ever since. Thought I would share my 22nd birthday cake :) i absoulty loved it didnt want to eat it. Happy birthday for tomorrow xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375402310.803824.jpg

I'm 23 this year & completing my CV yesterday was scary working out when I finished school & college... Time flies when U reach 18!!! But your only as old as you feel & I still feel like 13 hahaha x

I'm 24 and only just started in the business this year, but my does time fly! can't believe its August already! But it does seem to be going quicker the older I get. funny though as I feel older but then when I speak to other people they always say to me, oh but your only young. irritates me to no end!

I'm 51. Started in this business when I was 42. Yep the years certainly do fly by quicker as we get older. Possibly because there is still so much we want to do and no time to do it. Seen lots of changes over time. Everyone wants to grow up so fast. Live life to the full and most if all enjoy it!

I'm 20 now, I am 21 this year and I started in the beauty business, and became self employed when I was 19.

I'm 16, but apparently it's written as 61 these days.;)

I'm 26 (hate saying that) lol started in the industry when I was 16 and self employed when I was 21 :)

I'm 28, been married for 9 years (together for 12) have 3 kids 9,7 and 4.

I opened my own beauty salon in 2011 when I was 26.

It has been the hardest 2 years if my life, but very rewarding.

Jemima :)

I'm 16, but apparently it's written as 61 these days.;)

My nana who left us at 92 said she still felt 16 :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I started out at 14 doing nail art on friends and family, they'd buy false nails and bring them to me, I'd measure them out and blue tack them to a plate to art up then glue them on to their owner.
Did this for a fair few years, had kids and continued to do this as my kids got older I'd also do their friends nail art, then their partners and their families until 3yrs ago I decided to actually learn, be taught how to do nails properly, learn to do more and more importantly make some money from my hobby.

Well, here I am.. 41 with 4 kids (24, 21, 15 & 5), 3 granddaughters (2.5, 18mo & due in 6wks) , completed my NVQ2 and NVQ3 and doing a job I love so much :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

It's scary isn't it? It felt like yesterday I had my csection and welcomed my little boy into the word. He's almost 9 months now, crawling about, shouting Daddy whenever he can! Life's very precious it goes too fast <3

Aww so jealous!! Xx

32!! And on top of the world :)
Married once, had 2 beautiful girls (9&6) divorced and met Michael, we are now complete with our Baby boy 2yrs old.

I started as an apprentice in a salon fresh out of school at 16, always did private on the side, had my daughter at 24 and went self employed at 25 :) couldn't be happier x

Latest posts

Back