Airbase advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexduff

Reaction score
Hello ! I have recently qualified in airbase airbrush make up. I have purchased the full kit and have been practising on friends and family ever since. I have also recently done a few bridal trails at the salon and the feedback has all been the same. Initially the coverage is brilliant , however after a couple of hours it begins to fade and reveal blemishes/ redness ect. I love the product and have invested a lot of money into it so I was wondering of there were any tips on how to make it last all day like I know it can . Thank you

Hello ! I have recently qualified in airbase airbrush make up. I have purchased the full kit and have been practising on friends and family ever since. I have also recently done a few bridal trails at the salon and the feedback has all been the same. Initially the coverage is brilliant , however after a couple of hours it begins to fade and reveal blemishes/ redness ect. I love the product and have invested a lot of money into it so I was wondering of there were any tips on how to make it last all day like I know it can . Thank you

I'm sorry I don't actually have any help for you, more just saying I have the same problem. I have actually lost clients from using airbase as they wore the make up for the day and then did not book me for their wedding. I actually airbased myself yesterday to have anothe 'test' on myself and it looks amazing at the start. i set with Ben Nye biege powder, after a few hours had major breakdown on my chin etc. I built up to a medium - full coverage also. So i know i had enough product on! I think with airbrush. Make up it only works on certain skin types.

Are you peeping the skin first with a moisturiser & primer?
I find the airbase primer a little 'slippy' so I tend to favour mac or smash box over the airbase one. X

I found Airbase horribly greasy feeling and it rubbed off on me - Im not a fan personally. Have you tried a setting spray? I use the Kryolan one and it sets everything pretty solid alrhough I dont use airbase myself. My 'go-to' foundation is Face Atelier which is silicon based the same as Airbase and it works well to set that so worth a shot.

Airbase is silicone based so it has its limitations in terms of skin types it is suitable for. I would recommend trying other brands where you can also have a choice of water based airbrush makeup in your kit.

Latest posts

Back