Airbrushing query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a question about airbrushing nails. I bought the Sudo TC5000 airbrush system last year and have been doing tans with it no problem.

If I wanted to convert the system to do airbrush nails, is this possible? I know sudo do do airbrush paints for nails etc but dont know what nozzle I would need.

Can any airbrush geeks help me out here as I have looked on the sudo website and cant really get my head around what I would need . Sorry to sound soooo stupid!

Thanks
Em :green:

Hi Em,

You would probably need a separate airbrush for your nails as the ones for tanning have a bottle attached - imagine putting 2 drops of paint in there LOL. The nozzle size for nails does depend slightly on the consistency of the paint you are using. For example the Medea paint is quite thin and is good through a 0.25mm nozzle whereas the Createx paint is thicker and is good through a 0.35mm nozzle.

You would also need to check the pressure on your compressor as tanning works at a different pressure.

I do nail airbrushing off my TC5000 - give Sudo a call as all you need is another airbrush which will come with the nozzle and needle in it. If you explain what you need it for then they will be able to advise you. The only other thing that I do is turn the air pressure up a bit to do nails.

Saffirez is right you need another airbrush with a smaller nozzle and needle,and you will have to turn the pressure up. They do a start up kit with paints and cleaner and that should b enough to get you started. Su-do use createx paints and also have a widened the range by making their own - I use the pearlesant and shimmery ones.
Get onto your rep and they can advise you and should also go to you for a demo. Have you had training?

I'm selling an Iwata HP-B on Geekbay of yr interested:)

Latest posts

Back