Airbrushing the french white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyrtipinni

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I wanted to hear from those of you who use airbrushing on the nails. I think that too much time goes to creating the perfect french manicure with the gels, so I thought maybe it would be a good idea to airbrush the white line on.

Does any of you do that, and can you give me any advice?

Have you done a search because I am sure I read something on this not too long ago?

that is an option, although it wont last as long. Don't think you can beat white gel or L&P, takes longer but worth it and you should charge a bit more for permanent french x

Aspirations said:
that is an option, although it wont last as long. Don't think you can beat white gel or L&P, takes longer but worth it and you should charge a bit more for permanent french x

I thought the airbrush would go over the build gel and then the sealer gel on top? Did I misunderstand something? :|

Might work, although I have never tried doing it myself, i'm sure someone else will be able to advise on this. Have you tried it on yourself?

Aspirations said:
Might work, although I have never tried doing it myself, i'm sure someone else will be able to advise on this. Have you tried it on yourself?

No, haven´t tried it. But I´m buying an airbrush machine for tanning and was told that I can add a gun for nailart for just a little extra payment. The seller thougt that it would be permanent by sealing it with a sealer gel. :confused:

you'll need a compressor with a regulator so that the air can be adjusted for nails or tanning. I dont do tanning but I know it's different for nails and body art....

PM JackieMc, she does airbrush training in Dublin, im sure she will be able to tell you if it would work....

hi there

i have done airbrushed french over extensions and been successful. to get the best results you have to make sure that the nails are squeaky clean, use an airbrush basecoat. spray the whites, spray varnish, airbrush topcoat then uv topcoat. i have tried just spraying whites then uv topcoat but found it didnt work as well. are you currently using an airbrush? i think it can take just as long sometimes to airbrush as it does perfecting smile lines with product! personally i like offering the 'permanent' french finish. just have a play and see!

hth x

I think snyrtipinni is talking about encapsulating the airbrushing under the finishing gel... have you ever done this?

I've had no problems sealing the airbrushed french with sealer gel but you must make sure that you have airbrushed dry, you'll get problems if you haven't. Also, check the sealer on yourself first, just in case it isn't compatible.

Feel free to pm me if I can help at all.
Jackie

yes. do the overlay with the builder gel wipe off sticky layer then basecoat, paint and topcoat. you need the basecoat to ensure the airbrushed paint is anchored and topcoat to protect the design from dragging. then use gel sealer/topcoat so it is sealed between the layers of gel. this is what i found works best and if you cap the edges properly it will last till the next appt.

Aspirations said:
you'll need a compressor with a regulator so that the air can be adjusted for nails or tanning. I dont do tanning but I know it's different for nails and body art....

PM JackieMc, she does airbrush training in Dublin, im sure she will be able to tell you if it would work....

Yes, the compressor has a regulator so it will probably work fine.

Thanks, everyone for your comments. I will really need to experiment and practice with this!:green:

I have an airbrush for nails but I still do whites with L&P (and will do so as well when I start using my gel kit). The reason being that I think there is more skill in creating the white with yor product, and I take pride in being able to do this.

A girl at work went to a 'quickie salon' and had nails done in an hour, I was wondering how on earth they manage to do this so quick - the answer - because they airbrush the white on.

This is just my personal opinion, but if a client wants P&W I feel I'm cheating them by using my airbursh to create the white.

Each to their own, just thought I'd chuck in my personal feeling on this one.

Latest posts

Back