allergic to False eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi can anyone teel me if you can get different glue for false eyelashes ? I got some eyelashes from sallys and put them on yesterday and now My eyes have swollen up and are really ichy all I can think is that it is the glue so I would like to know if you can get different glue and if anyone knows of good one to use?

I was once told that any reaction to eyelash adhesive could be the latex in the product, as quite a few people are sensitive to latex. Not sure if there are any others on the market you can try.

thanks for the reply I didn't think that there would be an aternitive looks like no fase lashed for me:cry:

What about the lash extentions, I have heard some people who are allergic to false eyelash adhesive can wear those with no trouble. Hopefully someone who works with them may be able to give you more info. You would have a patch test done first I would of thought to ensure it would be ok to go ahead x

yeah my friend does them so i will have to ask her you never know that may work.thanks.

Eyelash extensions should work as the glue doesn't actually touch the skin, in fact nothing touches the skin except the under eye patches you have on when you have them done.Lx

Adhesive from eyelash extensions can actually cause irritation to the eyes, even though nothing is touching them. It's the fumes / vapour from it that causes the irritation.

I do Xtreme eyelashes and we have 3 different types of adhesive. One of which is perfect for people who have sensitive eyes.

Was the glue you used a white colour that dried clear? If so, it more than likely latex based (I cant use this glue either!). There is a clear glue that you usually get with the individual clump lashes (available from sally's) which does not contain latex (but it does have a strong smell to it for about 10 secs).

hth's xx

Yeah the glue is white in colour and drys clear My eyes are so swollen in the morning it lokks like I have done ten rounds with mike tyson lol. I am a bit scared to try anything new as I dont want to look like this plus I'm not wearing any make up in case it irritaes it any more which I hate having to do.

I use Lash Perfect eyelash extensions and the glue they have causes not problems at all, I have a client who is allergic to EVERYTHING! and have had no problems with their glue, it is odourless so there are no horrible fumes!! so no watery eyes!!
You should try it, their really reasonable, training was really good and informative, really enjoyed the day! Not to mention the huge amount of profit this treatment makes!!! I think you can search qualified salons on their website. x x

Yeah the glue is white in colour and drys clear My eyes are so swollen in the morning it lokks like I have done ten rounds with mike tyson lol. I am a bit scared to try anything new as I dont want to look like this plus I'm not wearing any make up in case it irritaes it any more which I hate having to do.

If the swelling is bad hun, i'd advise you to go to the docs, and also see if you can book for an allergy test.

If you want to try any other glue's first, make sure you do a patch test first. :hug:

Hi can anyone teel me if you can get different glue for false eyelashes ? I got some eyelashes from sallys and put them on yesterday and now My eyes have swollen up and are really ichy all I can think is that it is the glue so I would like to know if you can get different glue and if anyone knows of good one to use?

I think you are taking about the 'clumps' of lashes rather than the individual ones every one is talking about on this thread.

With all new products you should always do a patch test to ensure you are not going to have a reaction. Even more so that it is a product you are applying so close to your eye :eek:

I am not aware of any other adhesive that you can buy for these type of lasses as they normaly come in a pack.

My advice is to go to a salon that does individual lashes and get them applied professionally. Getting them to do a patch test on the adhesive that they use 24hrs to the treatment.

hth

Latest posts

Back