Almost ready to get up and running but....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if getting the domain name is a problem, why not call your business whatever name you want and just add your town into the domain name. For example, I added my local town to the first word of my business name in the co.uk domain that I purchased and now when you put most things beauty or massage for my area into google, my website always comes up on the first page and often it is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd website shown on the first page.

Oh nine hadn't gone When we checked this morning

Hiya
If you look on WHOIS nominet it says it's been registered since 1997.

If you don't mind me saying- I think having a business name choice dominated by what domain name is available is the wrong way to go.

You're a beauty company- not a internet company selling widgets online :) So, your trading name is vastly more important than your domain name. Whatever your web-designer is telling you!

Just choose a simple memorable name, and create a strong brand around it.

The domain isn't going to affect the way people find you (in terms of search engines) and there are ways to relate a domain to ANY business name you choose.

When I was thinking of business names over the last 12 months for a new service I've just launched I thought of (often one word- as they tend to get remembered) words that portray the right message for our industry (in terms of luxury or prestige) - and names that could easily be linked to a strong "brand" in terms of imagery. If you look around the room you're in now- you'll see that's what most succesful brands are. A simple word with a strong image.

Here's the advice from business link-

Do you want the name to reflect what your business does - moving, cleaning, building? Or would something more abstract be suitable?

Would it be a good idea to include your own name?

Do you want a traditional-sounding name, conveying durability and old-fashioned values, or a modern name, suggesting a fresh, innovative approach?

Think about the future - avoid words or phrases that are likely to date quickly.

If you're likely to be trading overseas, check that the name doesn't mean anything inappropriate in the relevant languages.

Think about callers and customers - avoid very long names, strange wordings and unusual spelling.

If you're focusing on the local market for your product or service, think about using the name of the city or town in the business name.

Keep your trading name creative, but your corporate name bland. This will give you the flexibility to develop other brands and trading names in the future.

A little about me an what I do/plan to do

Really name Stephanie (don't want my name in included as think it's boring )

Live on south coast (originally wanted southern beauty )

I'm not a full on Girlie girl do don't want anything glitzy or glam if you get what I mean

I like natural beauty rather than fake beauty

Services ATM are natural nail treatments,gelish,minx,manicures,pedicures,minx,waxing

Treatments I plan to add
Ear candling,lash and brow tinting,lash extensions maybe tanning ? But not sure yet

What about "Natural Beauty"?

Great advice from Carl above.

What's the name of the town you're in? Could be

Natural Beauty xyzname
Enhance Xyzname
Enhance Beauty Room
Southern Beauty Room
Southern Beauty xyzname
Blossom beauty xyzname
Nine beauty room
Nine beauty xyzname

Waterlooville lol so I'm my eye not really an option :0/

Do like southern beauty room

What's your target client like? Older, younger, classic, funky, follows trends or prefers natural?

Etienette, Tiennette & Trinette are all derivatives of Stephanie. Etienne is a derivative of Stephen. Stephanie means crowned one so there's lots to play on there with Crown beauty etc

Latest posts

Back