Alternative training to CND - advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I got my course information today from Sweet Squared but the CND course is fully booked and the one that is closest to me is nearly 2 hours away and there is no way that I can get a model for days 3,4 and 5.
Needless to say I am gutted! :cry:

So can anyone recommend any other alternative training courses? My local college has a diploma in nail technology for a year and costs 1400 quid. My reservations about that, other than the cost, is the fact it is 2 nights a week and I think this is going to take it out of me because I work full time. Having said if thats the only option then I could do it!

Any help/advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Gail
:eek:

It's worth travelling for the best training, I drive 90 minutes for mine and would go further if I had to.
Can you book onto the next one?

Hi Guys
I got my course information today from Sweet Squared but the CND course is fully booked and the one that is closest to me is nearly 2 hours away and there is no way that I can get a model for days 3,4 and 5.
Needless to say I am gutted! :cry:

So can anyone recommend any other alternative training courses? My local college has a diploma in nail technology for a year and costs 1400 quid. My reservations about that, other than the cost, is the fact it is 2 nights a week and I think this is going to take it out of me because I work full time. Having said if thats the only option then I could do it!

Any help/advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Gail
:eek:
I would try and work round your difficulties and attend the CND.

Firstly, the foundation CND is second to none.

Secondly, if the college course is so expensive you could get the CND course AND pay for a modest B&B to stay in whlst you attend.

Thirdly you could check if any geeks could help out with being your model, or maybe put you in touch with someone who will put up with having a fantastic set of CND extensions applied lol! Also Sweet Squared may have some suggestions on this one.

Finally, if CND training is still a no no, check out which system the college uses. If its CND you will be trained in the CND method. Check out if you may qualify for remission or be exempt from payment too. It may just be a decider!!! Good Luck

When is the next CND course available?

I would try and book on the next course at the academy that you want and do everything you can to get models...there are always willing volunteers on here so maybe let us know the dates you need models and see what you come up with??

CND are a fantastic company who's training is fantastic....definitely worth trying to get on one of their courses!

xx

Hi All
I have found somewhere that is quite local to me but it is EzFlow rather than Creative training. I have searched the forums and see there is a lot of info about EzFlow systems.

I was just wondering what the difference is between CND and EzFlow, training and products, as I have never had a set of acrylics using EzFlow only CND.
I asked my nail technician about it on friday as I had my own extensions infilled and she said EzFlow is awful and not to the bother and to go to creative only. I dont think she was very impressed that I mentioned that I want to do nails as I have been going to her for ages! And I dont think she has ever used EzFlow herself.
Thanks!
Gail
x

In my opinion, CND is the best BUT Ezflow has great education too. To do Ezflow is a very good alternative although I don't know what is involved in their foundation course. CND foundation course is very hard work but very thorough. I know too that being CND trained opened many doors for me when looking for work.

If I were you, I certainly wouldn't opt for the college course.

If you can't wait for the next CND course, go for Ezflow. Look into what is involved with Ezflow's foundation course. Ezflow has a very good reputation within the industry and your nail tech is very wrong. Good luck!

Hi All
I have found somewhere that is quite local to me but it is EzFlow rather than Creative training. I have searched the forums and see there is a lot of info about EzFlow systems.

I was just wondering what the difference is between CND and EzFlow, training and products, as I have never had a set of acrylics using EzFlow only CND.
I asked my nail technician about it on friday as I had my own extensions infilled and she said EzFlow is awful and not to the bother and to go to creative only. I dont think she was very impressed that I mentioned that I want to do nails as I have been going to her for ages! And I dont think she has ever used EzFlow herself.
Thanks!
Gail
x

sounds like sour grapes to me.
ezflow are a great company to deal with. the classes i have attended have been very good.
by the way i have had education with both creative and ezflow.

All my experience with EzFlow has been very good. The products are great and the education is excellent. You need to weigh up who you want to train with and what will be best for you. I have been travelling 2 and half hours for my training with EzFlow this year because I want the best! Creative offer good courses so if you want them go for it but EzFlow is a great alternative xx

You wouldn't let the distance of a university stop you from attending if it were touted as the best in what you wanted to study, would you? IMHO, if you really want to train with CND, you should, rather than settling for "second best" (just a saying, y'all) because you don't want to wait for the next course.

Regarding the model, I've read that S2 will provide them if necessary. you should ask! Good luck in whatever you decide. =)

I agree with the majority opinion here. CND are excellent and it would be extremely worthwhile working around your difficulties.

For your models, do an appeal on here, and I'm sure you will have no shortage of models. People do this regularly and I've never seen a thread asking for a model where the poster hasnt found a model at the end of it.

I hope it works out for you. The college course you quoted is extremely expensive, and to be honest I've read so many comment on here from people who did College training, then did CND training, and said they learnt more from CND in a day than they did at College in a year!

It always baffles me when people say products are "awful" yet they haven't ever tried them:irked:

I have tried both products and personally prefer Ezflow, although it was a close call.

Both Ezflow and CND are industry leaders but at the end of the day only you can make the decision. :hug:

Thanks for all your advice peeps, really appreciate it :)
Just waiting on my EzFlow information pack to arrive to help me further with my decision making.
I like the idea of being able to be trained in both systems rather than just sticking to one so whatever one I can do now I can always do the other one at a more suitable time.
Gail
x

Latest posts

Back