Am i wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
a client came and couldnt decide between the blue/black all over colour and highlights(light blonde) or all over colour(dark purple slight red) and highlights (a darker blonde).
anyway she booked she said for the purple colour and blonde highlights but asked if she doesnt like then she doesnt have to pay we said she would have to but we would try and correct it for her then she asked about trying the blue/black if she doesnt loiek the purple free which we said no we wouldnt do that.
anyway i just got a bad feeling after that so i stayed with the stylist when the client came in..

my stylist asked if she died her etc she said no she hasnt before..
ok so we did the hair it took about 2 and a half hours due to how long it takes to process and apply etc. the whole time her 22 month was there running crazy in the salon and i had to keep her occupied and out of danger while running the salon. she even broke my handheld mirror and mum said nothing. and kept telling us to tell her off :eek:..

anyway she then started complained she had to get her son if we could hurry up etc even though we told her to give a 3 hour time slot..

so her hair was washed out etc and she said the blonde was too goldy and the purple was too reddy..

the blonde looked fine but purple wasnt as purple as it could have been was more red... with slight purple..

she then refused to pay which after several minutes she did.. she was offered a toner to make the highlights less gold.. which she said ok but also wanted blue/black instead of purple base colour for free which was basically the same as what she just had done i was like no way ...

but offered her an all over colour to her normal colour for a discount price of 10.00 if she didnt want the free toner correction.. which she said no to as she didnt want to pay.. she kept insisting about blue/black and toner on highlights to make it lighter as she didnt like it. which was basically her second option that she was choosing between if that make sense

she argued for ages before she left and she lives quite close to shop which aint good..

i hope that all makes sense :confused:

what do you think of it.. it just think its weird as she asked questions about exactly the situation that then happened....

She sounds like a complete nut-job!! Nightmare client or what!!!
Sounds like she was just chancing her arm, I wouldn't worry about it, you did as she asked and its not like it wasn't right, she just decided she didnt want it. i would tell her no way would she get ANY money back, and if she doesn't like it tell her to try another salon! you don't need noghtmare client's like this looking a feebie!! x

been here done this, got the war wounds and wounded pride. . . because of this we printed off a standard form for situations like this explaining exactly what a client is entitled to, and in cases of colour correction, what to expect and that their is a limit to what can be done.
we know these forms have no legal backbone, but usually it is enuff to tell a client that you are being serious. . .
you havent done nuffin wrong tho, she chose a colour, you followed through, and even though the blonde may need tonig, u offered it free of charge. . . wot else can ya do? yeah she sounds like a bit of a colour service sociopath. . . jus stay strong, or she will think this is standard prcedure and try her hand again. . . closing thought. . . .BEEEEATCH x

just dont want her to go around bad mouthing us suppose.. but really her hair wasnt bad but i feel i did the right thing. its quite hard when you've just started out...

ive had this b4 , if the colour is applied correctly it doesnt matter because no matter what she say , the colour will look good to other people . Id be worried if she comes back , not for recolour but as a client ! cue missed appointments , arguments - .
I hope the colourist explained colour fade and that shes not going to sunny climes because then she really will be back .

i hope she doesnt.. but doubt it she probaly thinks im a cow coz i was having none of her excuses and demands. the cheek of asking not to pay for an almost 3 hour job whilst we looked after her kid the whole time who even broke our stuff.. :cry:.. i was fuming but managed to keep calm which i was happy with .. ha

well done for providing three hour child care for free.
Best bet imo, ask her not to return, I deal with people like this daily in my profession they know if they play up they'll end up getting things for free and its neither right nor fair.
Be strong. :hug:

Sounds like she has done this b4 and got exactly what she wanted, I bet she has a bad name in other salons.Good for you,you did every thing that you should have and like you said you had a bad feelin about her right from the start. I wouldnt worry too much about her bad mouthing, I expect her circle of friends know what shes like to and probaly take everything she says with a pinch of salt.:)

Latest posts

Back