American manicure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
A lady asked me today if I do an American manicure? She said its with a darker pink. Never heard of it myself.
What colour would I use in Gelish to achieve this? X

Hi Hun,

Not sure about gelish colours as I don't use it but an American manicure tends to be a more pinker pink and a bright bright White. Where as the French is more of a natural pink and White.

X

An American Manicure is a clear pink with a natural looking tip. In Shellac, it would be Clearly Pink with Studio White.

I'm sorry, I don't use Gelish so I'm not sure what colors are similar. HTH!

An American Manicure is a clear pink with a natural looking tip. In Shellac, it would be Clearly Pink with Studio White.

Spot on, Deanosnana! I used to use the official American Manicure polish range, made by a company called American Manicure. :D It was a beautiful, natural-look polish - the softest, natural-creamy tip and a clear pink tint. x

Ah right, I'm really glad this has been cleared up because I've always been told and taught that the American was bright and French soft!!

Personally I prefer the softer look and use studio White and negligee in the shellac.

X

Spot on, Deanosnana! I used to use the official American Manicure polish range, made by a company called American Manicure. :D It was a beautiful, natural-look polish - the softest, natural-creamy tip and a clear pink tint. x

I've used that product, too and LOVE the natural look of it. :)

Actually reverse. French is bright pink/white; American is soft pink/natural tip.

correct eni! im in training right now and i was told american is a softer white and french is a bright white i think the pinks can differ

i would have thought gelish colours u would use snow bunny for the tip not entirely sure on the pink? maybe little princess or i think u could mayb get away with simply sheer, id possibly have a look on the gelish group??

Latest posts

Back