anatomy and physiology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all

I want to do armoatherapy, but i have to do anatomy and physiolgy, then holistic massage then only armoathepy. So i joined up with the a & P. I find it intresting and do like it but I can't rember any of it ( i have a medical condition which effect memory ) I dont know what to do. I have looke at some interactive sites but they dont help me. i am getting so close to dropping it all. any advice?

just stick at it I've done VTCT anatomy and physiology a few years ago at the beginning all the long words just blew your mind but as the course went on it all fell into place.

my advice to you would be stick at it and speak to your tutor about your worries don't give up!!!
:)

Definitely talk to your tutor about it. I am just pants at remembering a&p stuff. I can't just look at a book and memorise it all, it has to mean something to me. So when struggling with the names of the facial muscles I said to my tutor that they just won't stick on my brain. So she gave me silly ways to remember - like platysma is a big "plate" shaped muscle in the neck, Buccinator gives you buxom cheeks, procerus sits at the top of the nose like the horn of a rhinocerous, Don't know why but things like this just make it stick in my head!

I can even remember the digestive tract from school from a silly saying I had, and that's over 25 years ago ...

My - Mouth
Old - Oesophagus
Sister - Stomach
Did - Duodenum
It - Ileum
CArefully - CAecum
COs - COlon
Ricky - Rectum
Arrived - Anus

Or another way is to get pictures and then make labels for each part of the anatomy and pin the label on the part. You just need to find out which way of learning is best for you.

Hiya
Did you point this out to your tutor when you first started the course? If not, they need to know asap and I'm sure there are ways of helping you.

Dont despair - you seem to really want to do the course.

Speak to your tutor, let us know how you got on.

X

When i was doin A&P i used to do MASSIVE photocopies of everything i had to learn, and put them on my bedroom wall. then b4 i went to sleep i would look at them all and somehow it sticks in your mind!!

I was a more mature student so as many of you will know,this makes it harder for the brain to retain information.

I used to have a big poster of the human body.I found that seeing muscles and bones large as life helped me greatly.

I used to watch the bodyworks CD rom.which you could click on any body part and it would explain in lay mans terms(what I need,lol)

I also used to revise,little and often.too much and the brain switches off and you think you've gone mad cause you cant remember a damned thing that you were revising 2 mins earlier.

Broke down many time when doing level 3 because too much revision.

Other thing I would do and that was learn muscles in groups and also about 3 at a time.No point learning a huge amount in one go because it will NOT stay in your brain.

Have post its on your fridge.Everytime you walk by it or open you can ask yourself where such a such muscle is,origin and insertion and what it does.#

It really works.I love the fact that I am very good at my muscles.

Had aPTI in yesterday for a deep massage,Told me he had been to a girl in an area(I wont mention)Anyway,he told her he had problems in a certain area and she started working on the wrong muscles:eek: He said,he was amazed.

Obviously he knows his muscles and this is the least he would expect.

You will be fine.Just keep at it.Unfortunately there is no easy way out.We need this knowledge in order to do out jobs correctly.HTH

thank u all so much! I did tell the college about my condition and they said they will treat me the same as other students. I am really getting stressed over this anatomy and physiology - The cells, mustcles, atomes ect. I am going nuts!!!

thank u all so much! I did tell the college about my condition and they said they will treat me the same as other students. I am really getting stressed over this anatomy and physiology - The cells, mustcles, atomes ect. I am going nuts!!!

Dont get stressed hun. Take your time. Babs gave you some really good advice above.

How do you get tested? I get tested after every topic. So far I've been tested on skin, hair, blood circulation and lymph.

You need to put in extra work, learn something everyday...

Dont get stressed hun. Take your time. Babs gave you some really good advice above.

How do you get tested? I get tested after every topic. So far I've been tested on skin, hair, blood circulation and lymph.

hi, i get tested after the hole course only!

i get tested after the whole course only!

Hello there! i sympathise with you as i have a shocking memory and found it really hard to remember anatomy when i did my training. I found if i read outloud and recorded it then played it back repeatedly it eventually went in. I often did this at bed time because i heard that we take in information subconcously when we sleep. Have you tried mind mapping? I've not tried this myself but my brother swears by this technique and he has a memory similar to mine. I'm sure it must be very frustrating but stick with it and believe in yourself. All the best of luck and let us know how you are getting on.

Hello there! i sympathise with you as i have a shocking memory and found it really hard to remember anatomy when i did my training. I found if i read outloud and recorded it then played it back repeatedly it eventually went in. I often did this at bed time because i heard that we take in information subconcously when we sleep. Have you tried mind mapping? I've not tried this myself but my brother swears by this technique and he has a memory similar to mine. I'm sure it must be very frustrating but stick with it and believe in yourself. All the best of luck and let us know how you are getting on.

hi, i have tried mind mapping - but i forget that too! i have tried reading out loud and recording -still doent help.

Have you thought about writing out loads of labels and then actually sticking them on to the parts of the body on you? Just trying to think of different ideas for you here!

Have you thought about writing out loads of labels and then actually sticking them on to the parts of the body on you? Just trying to think of different ideas for you here!

hi, i have tried that too. I really dont know what to do, my condition just wont let me remember it.

Does anyone know of a corrospondance course for a & p where you can do the exam at home

Latest posts

Back