Animal manicures!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought someone had made a special polish for dogs it was in a magazine. Mind you it might of been an April fools lol xxxx

I confess! I dye my poodles hair various colours fav is pink with matching pink glitter nail polish specifically for pets ! I love it ! I have a problem! You can get it from dezynadog and other big pet wholesalers I'll see if I can find a pic :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337733201.683240.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337733169.725909.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337733169.725909.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 154
I would if there was a range specifically for animals, otherwise no or to me its pretty much like testing on animals

I think it's just cruel. I love my furries and they are part of my family but they are animals and should be left au natural.

You would need to use special pet polish normal nail varnish is too toxic :)

Painting your pet's claws is a tad too far imho . . . but I agree that the main concern here, as animals do chew at their feet whilst grooming (but probably not as much as some clients chew at their nails) is that it is non-toxic and risk free.

I have an ever so slight concern about cross-contamination possibly if you then used the polish from painting the skunk (or whoever) on another animal . . . don't know if any animal disease thingy could transfer?

But basically the whole painting pets claws thing is a bad idea - in fact, IT STINKS LOL And that's not just because of the skunk :lol:

I'd probably tell her I was only covered to work with humans but point her in the direction of the pet safe polish mentioned above.

If she is set on painting the Skunks nails she will do it and probably with normal, toxic polish so you could make her aware of the alternative.

Lindsey x

Yes the 2 poodles next door are the proud owners of pink claws. I asked my neighbour if she did them she said ye don't they look pretty? Hmm not sure myself lol :)

This thread doesn't surprise me there's a woman somewhere in the uk that does pet weddings! So I'm sure pet bridal pamper parties will b next!! Lol

I've decided to get the pet safe polish for her to do herself,
Better than her using standard polish & possible causing harm x

Pets a companions/family not for painting nails or dressing up

Latest posts

Back